or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Competition, choices are all good. I personally have no interest in HBO. 
Funny - I thought the content on that site is really nifty. Fun to see some apps in action. But man o man is that web site an example of bad design. Just painful to navigate. I do appreciate their efforts, I like the content...but... Several of the apps were very intriguing/must haves for me. Others were very much "meh." I'm not going to play games on my watch (and I don't play games on my iPhone generally either.) There is going to be a learning curve for what I want my...
I'm all Gene'ed out. Stop reporting on this assbag.
I keep hearing Jony's voice use the words "compelling beginning" in the reveal video in September. Give it time. (!)   I am looking forward to getting two Apple Watches. But I do expect the stock to run up on expectation, then drop, perhaps significantly in the aftermath. Every product does this, particularly new iPhone models. Then it will recover gradually and hit huge gains again in the 2015 holiday quarter with version 2 on the horizon. Apple Watch will be a hit, but...
 Before or after 9.0?
I think there has to be some iTunes and App Store additions coming soon too. Apple might not roll those out until the actual shipping day though. IIRC, there are going to be third party apps available on launch day (an important difference from iPhone's launch.)    Do we think 8.2, 8.3 are iPhone only? Can you connect Apple Watch to an iPad - aside from the fact that I'm not sure why anyone would want to? (Yet.)
Someone with experience can explain this better, but I think if a car's ignition system is tied to an electronics package that can hear a BTLE 4 signal, the app to make this work from an iPhone or Apple Watch is sort of trivial? I think perhaps there is some security to be worked out for sure, but the hard part is all on the car side. Maybe car manufacturers can all agree on some communication standard?   But then, car companies make significant revenue from selling fobs...
FOB= "Fixed On Board" It's a shipping term. FOB purchaser means they pay the shipping and bear risk of loss for the state price. FOB manufacturer is...you guessed it.
 You might be right about the Edition pricing because of the metal content. I think you are also right that traditional watches did have size price differences. But...this is new ground here. Sure; it's a watch. But it is something else too that has a tradition of gender neutral pricing.  Dunno.
You mean when the warranty expires? I can see that somewhere in the system prefs; or an app that collects your apple care details. But sure; an app that details release of successive versions might be cool. And I can see it being part of some sort of upgrade/ trade in on an Edition program.