or Connect

Posts by eightzero

What do people expect a CEO to say? "Apple caught us flat footed. We didn't believe any of the rumors, and they've revolutionized wearables in one felled swoop. I'm hoping we can maybe salvage some market for people that want a simple watch. Maybe look to people that have AOL dialup and flip phones. They might be interested in what we can make without doing any real innovation. Because reasons."
I read there is a company working on an implantable device for blood glucose monitoring. Yes, it would require a doctor to install, but preferable to finger sticks.
I can always tell who in a meeting is paying any attention. It's the people that don't have a computing device open.
Thomas loves to write screwy patent opinions. It's not a sure thing they won't take this one in an opportunity to be wrong again. Best of luck storming the castle!
  Concur in part, and dissent in part. It is not a laptop killer. But it is a convergence product in a line of choices that all work together because they have been conceived to do so, unlike the MS beta products like the surface. I personally will not buy this iPad Pro, as I don't personally have a need. Others may feel differently (YMMV), but I will have a smaller iPad for simple consumption, but want a keyboard for mobile work that involves more than occasional typing....
I merely said I don't care for it. To me, Beats 1 is not worth the price. YMMV.  As a shareholder, I hope it is a huge success.
I am not using, and do not plan to sign up for the trial or the paid plan. I do like the Match program. At $25/yr, that works well for me.   I decided to try Beats 1 again, just to be sure. I made it about 3 minutes before I turned it off. Ugh. Not interested in that service either.
I occasionally buy reconditioned merchandise. I've had good luck with Apple refurbished. They offer a full original warranty on them, and that makes me feel better, and I'll pay a bit more from the original company.   But in general, when I shop used merchandise, I expect the price to start at 50% of new. Comparing these Gazelle prices to the new units, I don't see savings worth the risk. The article cites some Gazelle comparisons, but I've seen sales on new devices that...
I see what you did there. Well played.Concur. Considering how long it is taking for this AppleTV update to make its appearance, I'm anxious to see how Insanely Great it is. It might be the "I've cracked it" device Steve suggested. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be the long wait like the Apple Watch was, although the lack of leaked photos of production or prototype hardware makes me thing is will be. :-(