or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Another person did the math: that's 586 iPhones per minute sold for the duration of the quarter...and profit of about $2300 *per second.*
Yup. And...we are about to get offered new technology to expand and enhance the usability of said iPhones: Apple Watch!
Thanks. My takeaway is that this is hardly a plug-and-play type arrangement. Seems more like a do it your selfer kind of project. Spiffy for sure, and it's cool you got it to work for you in your application. But it isn't for me. I think I need to just wait for the Wemo line to produce a wider line of useable modules. On that note...imagine a simple lamp on a table. Again, how is this supposed to work? The Wemo wall module has a switch on it for manual control, but what...
OK, I have a serious question about how this is supposed to work:   I have a stairway in my home that has simple incandescent/LED fixtures. It is controlled by a 3 way house wiring system, in that one switch at the bottom of the stairs can control the lights on/off independent of the position of the upstairs switch. The upstairs switch functions identically. It think this kind of thing is common, and I have another similar set up involving lights in a room - the ceiling...
Umm...if it is inside a coat pocket, how will people look? Not following. These battery targets are fine for me. I plan on buying 2. I am sort of curious how quickly they will charge.  Com'on chairman honeycrisp! Know what I see when I look at my wrist? My wrist!
Have no idea what to think of this. I can see a use for heads up displays, but have a hard time seeing it as a consumer device. Games maybe; hard to see it as a replacement for a HDTV screen or monitor...depends on price and what it can do. Sorta like...apple watch!   Guess you have to go try it first. But it is the first MS product I've ever seen that I want to know more about. So...progress.
I think this is the case. MS makes money by licensing fees from new machines. I've never purchased a PC, so I don't know. I saw one model of a IBM Thinkpad that had a sticker on the bottom with the MS code on it. Can you buy a PC without a MS operating system? Like Linux, and then install your free MW10? I hear people actually make their own PCs out of parts, so I presume so.
Threadjack: Saw some reports of a thing from MS called "hololens." It is possible Microsoft might soon offer a product I am interested in buying.   I was holding out for the Avegant Glyph.
The article is interesting, but I freely admit it is a little over my head. But as has already been commented, I suspect AAPL is looking at communications technology for the Apple Watch or other wearables.