or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Really? I can drive it into someone and there is no consequence? But as you say, that isn't the point. The point is that just because you claim to own something doesn't mean you can do what you want with it. When you bought an Apple product, you agreed to some terms. Haven't looked close enough, but I do wonder if Apple retained the right to brick your product (or even replevy it) if you violate those terms. Heavy handed? Sure. But the DMCA has all kinds of heavy handed...
I love comments like this. I own my car. Can I do what I want with it?And just because it carries no criminal consequence, doesn't imply carte blanche. My car came with a warranty, but if I intentionally crash it, I doubt the manufacturer will replace the drivetrain for free. When you buy an Apple product, it comes with certain strings. Don't like those strings? Well, you have alternatives.
Does this update come in white?
It's all about the content, content, content. Let me buy cable channels ala carte, and I'm in. Hate my comcast box, and it is way overprisced. There are maybe a couple things I like to get out of it (mostly live sports in HD) but I have to buy all this other crapola to get to that. If Apple can offer a viable alternative, I'm in. Ironic the content would be coming over my cable modem tho.
Yup. I had to downgrade my iP 3G to 3.1.3. iOS4 made it unusable.
Cool! I could buy a smartphone or MP3 player that compete with Apple...but why would I? Buy an apple device, and it works. It all just works beautifully for what I need. That said, my wife's Nook is a really great one-trick pony. The electronic ink is gogeous, and Apple doesn't make one. the iPad is cool, but you can't read it in direct sunlight. But think about it - the eBook readers are tied directly to the stores, and with the push of a button a sale is made. I just...
But...I don't want a PC. I don't want a blu-ray player. I don't want a TV tuner etc etc. I just want a computer that works. Can't tell you how many times I've looked at the infuriating PC my employer insists I use and said aloud "if I had a Mac, I'd be done by now."
Here's the worst part not in the AI report: "'(Apple CEO) Steve Jobs has his own idea and he's a brilliant guy,' Ono, the 77-year-old widow of John Lennon, told Reuters...." *77-year old* widow of John Lennon? And we were worried if people would still love me, people still need me when I'm sixty four. Off to gather some rosebuds while I may. Suddenly don't care about my Apple products. No possessions too.
Lots of prior art out there on this one. Look at the Garmin EDGE series of bike computers. All share data. There is even a bit of dongleware out there: http://www.newpotatotech.com/LiveRider/liverider.html http://digifit.me/ The Cuppertino folks will have lots of questions from the examiners on this one.
Gee...wonder who lost these parts in a bar?