or Connect

Posts by eightzero

I understand your skepticism, and those are indeed good questions. You've provided part of the answer already - "personally" and phrased the questions "why would I?" One can likely safely presume that these apple products will allow a user to select one device or the other, and there are indeed many times where *I* would prefer not to pull out my phone. It's not hard, but there are many, many things in life that are not hard...yet apple products have made so much more...
Opposite camp for me. I really don't see a use for a "fitness band" but an easily accessible display and interface for useful things is intriguing. Rather depends on many factors, not the least of which is price. $50 and I'm in for about any device. $100 it better be good. Hard to imagine value at $200+. Remember - no carrier subsidies. Right?
Or perhaps being very rich and never putting plates on your car, or parking in handicapped spots all the time.
Not often Posner gets stuff horribly wrong. But that "catastrophy" seems to be what Article 1, Section 8, clause 8 of the Constitution seems to require.
This is a very thoughtful, well-written, and creative article. I am going to change the author's name to my own and put it into a book I'm publishing.
A good article, and it all rings true. I am a long time AAPL user because to me it represents value. I use my tech a lot, and want to to the stable, predictable, and functional. I'm forced to use a MS box at work, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't swear at it.   I did a bit of chin pulling at the word "luxury" though. That word has some subjective quality to it. I'm typing tis on a MBA and it doesn't seem like a luxury device. It seems to me like value...
I know: Apple should agree to make Yahoo the default for people that are working from home.
I mean this sincerely: your comment is insightful. I think there is a huge difference between what consumers expect of their devices and what companies are willing to deliver. Both are interested in value, but they have contradictory intentions. For consumers, it is value for their expenditure. For manufacturers, it is about value for their shareholders. Some companies go with the "bilking idiots" plan, and do quite well. And then (IMHO) there is AAPL. AAPL seems genuinely...
As The Loop put it: "Ouch."   http://readwrite.com/2014/04/04/amazon-fire-tv-review-hands-on-impressions#awesm=~oAtNY6tAxPfzzX