or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Something Is Up with Apple TV. 
This sounds familiar too. My wife is skeptical, and we have been trying to control some discretionary spending. But...she yells at me *all the time* because "you don't answer the phone when you're at home." Yes, that's because I don't carry it around with me at home - it is on the dock on my iMac when I come home. The Watch neatly solves this problem. And it's corollary - she can't hear her iPhone in her bag when I call her.
 I'm really curious about this. Apple Watch is clearly an iPhone accessory, and for practically all of it's valuable features, it depends on a connection to an iPhone. Yes, there are many standalone things like the music playback (via BT) and the fitness tracking that are self contained (and of course the clock/timepiece function.) But it seems to me that all Apple Watch needs to do is communicate with your iPhone, and other than a lag issue, I'm not clear why it can't...
This is interesting:   http://www.cultofmac.com/318945/apple-watch-sport-ships-with-a-weird-tri-sectioned-band/   Apparently, buyers of the sport model don't actually get 2 complete bands with the watch  - just 3 pieces, one of which is common to the choice of band size. So... bandswapper.com is less attractive than we might have thought.   I'm still curious about if/how/when third party bands will pop up, and if Apple will turn a blind eye, or aggressively try to...
Spent a little bit of time at the store, but did not get a try-on appointment.   It is for sure is a beautiful device. My wife changed her mind to the space grey sport rather than the silver one. The watches in the wood/glass cases are all running demo software in sync so you can see the displays.   The other commenters are right - the steel watches really look nice. Clearly an upgrade from the sport.   I haven't seen much discussion about the store demo devices....
I did notice that Apple notified me that a signature may be required. There is a bit of an upside of having the deliveries a little spread out - doorstep thieves might be a little less out of control. I can see some Bad Guys(tm) setting 4/24/15 as a day to pick up inventory. Those Apple delivery boxes all too obvious on people's porches. I remember buying my first Mac in 1993. A Powerbook Duo 230 with all the toys. Several large boxes. UPS left a door tag. I wasn't home,...
"...and we are hard at work to bring this fantastic, personal device to even more people that love our products, and use them to improve their lives...." I doubt any real numbers cited on the call. We *might* get some year end numbers in a few quarters. This is going to evolve in some interesting ways. Almost for sure Jony has a ver 2 Apple Watch in his lab. What goes into it, and when it rolls into production depends on how ver 1.0 goes. And what iPhone lineups look like...
Building millions of anything is a herculean task, but Apple did rather play this close to the vest. IIRC, there is a shareholder earnings call on like 4/27. It will be interesting to hear Tim's comments. They did specifically say that they would not report Apple Watch sales or shipments separately. Probably many reasons for that, not the least of which is that information like that is valuable for many things. Apple is rather famous for not giving away information that...
I ordered 2 about 7 hours after it went live. Shows delivery in June. I think it possible Apple will use the pre-order data to tweak their supply chain, and the dates will slowly move sooner. I wouldn't be surprised if 4-6 weeks is pretty much the norm. If the wait times stay at 3 months or more...well...there's likely gonna be some splainin' to do.
Drool Drool. Can't wait!