or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Speaking of iTunes... [looks at calendar]
 Well, I'd beleive this. But as sflocal points out, time is Kruggerrands. To those that feel comfortable cracking cases (and I did this successfully to an original mac mini without breaking anything, replaced the drive and felt pretty clever) I say bravo. But the mac mini I worked on had a dead drive, and ol PowerPC chip, and if I broke it, little was lost. It was due for the recycle bin, having served it purpose well. Value received.   My iMac is still going strong. If I...
OK, a little help here. I don't see that an iMac can have both a SSD and an HDD in the case. To the extent a third party mades a fusion drive that is part SDD and HDD that has a single plug and mounts in a single "bay" space, that might be rather spiffy and worth an upgrade.   But...I've seen the video of pulling the galss and doing internal surgery. Possible yes. Possible to break something irreparably: yes too. I'm an engineer, not a technician.   But is this...
 Any reason a third party storage company can't make a internal fusion drive? Sounds like OSX 10.8 supports it.   Seems like an external fusion drive rather defeats the purpose - isn't the external I/O a limiting factor on speed? I guess maybe thuderbolt, but alas, the iMac i have has no thunderbolt.
OK, so...can I take my current iMac to a Apple store and have them drop one in?
The "find my iPad" service is down too. The service will not locate my iPad mini.
Mine's supposed to be here Friday.
 The web site says limit 2. Get both. Boom.
  Was wondering when someone would comment on the next iPad being a tad bigger than the original. This is obviously the Maxi iPad. Comes in white only, wings optional.   Ok, that was cheap. Sorry. 
Dammit, these people are really pissing me off. How DARE they delay taking my money. First I gotta wait to Friday to order a iPad mini (what, you couldn't just take my money right away Tim? Really?) And now, I gotta wait MORE for a new iTunes that surely will have nots of stuff I didn't know existed, and now I can't live without? Oh, how the mighty apple has fallen! Apple - you *suck*.