or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Agree on the "to each their own." I don't know what "naff" means. I suppose attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. As a 53 year old man that women of child bearing years no longer actually look at, I am far more interested in function. I'm not going to strap an iPhone to my wrist, and there are certainly limits as to simple taste.  But I guess I don't really care that I'm perhaps not adorned with jewelry. It is unlikely I'll buy a gold uber-expensive one. But I do...
 Apple is in CA, and is now naming their software for CA places. CA has earthquakes. People have been working on earthquake detection and warning systems. The Napa earthquake resulted in many people simultaneously picking up their cell phones. iPhones all now have motion sensors in them. It seems like the motion detectors can be aggrigated and synchronized to build an earthquake alert system. Siri built into the home seems a natural. Think Tony Stark/ Iron Man and...
I agree. There is a LOTTA stuff in that pipeline. While I did speculate they would offer an early release preview, and that seems to be what they've done, they've done just enough to make mouths water, gauge feedback, make adjustments that will percolate for years.  I dug this from The Loop: Here are some comments on the announcement of Apple’s “newest” digital device: “I was so hoping for something more.”“Great just what the world needs.”“Heres an idea Apple – rather than...
The more and more I look, the more and more I like. I'm hooked, Apple did its magic again. While I know I've buying one on launch day, the only question I'm asking is why the hell didn't I buy AAPL stock. This damn thing is cool. Eat shit, Samsung.
The oblong button on the right side isn't fully explained. It can't be a touchID, and I don't think the screen works as a touchID sensor. And there seems to be a little nubbin on the lower left side.  Good info, yes. Much of it is teasers. and...I think I know why. :-)
 Pretty sure I wouldn't buy this if all I wanted was a HR Monitor. And I think the battery specs are way up in the air. If the battery recharges in ... 10 mins? .... maybe there is no need to recharge it overnight. Pop it on the charger while you're in the shower. I pretty much said "meh" to the iPod. It really isn't hugely important to me, as I didn't have a deep desire to listen to music constantly. But I did find uses when they became more useable, smaller and cheaper....
Here's another "wish we could say more" moment: maybe there is an opportunity to ditch all these card readers (and their now very sophisticated skimmers) associated with ATMs and gas pumps too. All the demos in the videos seem to be of retail (coffee shoppes, Macys etc.) My employer sells me a bus pass. It is (another) card with an NFC chip. I lost the damn thing and a new one was $20.    AAPL's mission message needs to be "kill the mag stripe."
One insightful comment here was that now "wish we could say more" makes a little more sense wrt to the apple watch. I still am not exactly sure of all it does, or what its capabilities are. It seems to be an iPhone accessory, but can you make an NFC purchase without it being paired? Dunno. The Apple web site seems to imply so, but I'd wanna see that confirmed. It is reasonably clear it doesn't have a GPS chip in it (and I'm not sure about wifi, since the apple site says it...
Well...OK. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I haven't been asked for my DL/ Insurance by a peace officer since...well...long before the iPhone appeared.
Yeah, pretty much think Apple nailed this. This is clearly an iPhone accessory, rather out of some necessity. One question for the reviewers - or anyone that knows - it is advertised as function back to the iPhone 5, but ApplePay seemed to require the internal chip in the iPhone 6...and the touch ID sensor in the 5c and 5s. So if you are going to pair it with a pre-iPhone 6 to make an ApplePay, do you need to pull out the iPhone too? Or is there a TouchID sensor of some...