or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Oh, I might not be so proud of The Human Race. We are irrational, dangerous, unpredictable, and destructive. Replacing ourselves with electronic analogs might be a productive step in evolution.
Didn't mean to suggest you weren't serious. My bad, sorry. I like the FireChat concept you describe. Comcast did sorta have a PR problem when they did something similar with their base stations. On the Apple devices there is more of a quid pro quo though - unlike the comcast model, Apple users get something immediate ans tangible by their use. Many comcast users never connect outside their houses. Gruber's comments about tapic feedback on DaringFireBall was kinda...
Yep. But all current smartwatches require you look at them for info. Apple Watch can be put under your sock. I can see some kids suddenly paying attention in history class to the section on Vietnam and the US POWs learning the "tap code." And the Find My iPhone function will lead parents right to where their kid dropped it. Or where an evildoer dumped it. IIRC, some person  kickstarted a pair of sneakers with a lo-jack in them. And you can buy lo-jack tags for your pets...
You laugh. That is *precisely* what they will do. And as soon as the Watch contains integral GPS and at least a rudimentary cell capability for at least 911, parents will be getting them for their kids. Apple will have a lo-jack for your kid.
Wait until they figure out how it can be used on tests in class. Then everyone will want one! 
But surely OSX 10.11 San Andreas would really shake things up.
For the record, I thought your comments interesting and valuable. I think there is a lot of merit to "Apple Watch Ins't A Watch." Your analogy to the iPhone isn't a phone is apt. I don't get some of the animosity here on AI.
This would be a violation of the license you are granted on admission.  But I've bought my last Garmin product. Their tech support is a mess.
Something Is Up with Apple TV. 
This sounds familiar too. My wife is skeptical, and we have been trying to control some discretionary spending. But...she yells at me *all the time* because "you don't answer the phone when you're at home." Yes, that's because I don't carry it around with me at home - it is on the dock on my iMac when I come home. The Watch neatly solves this problem. And it's corollary - she can't hear her iPhone in her bag when I call her.