or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Apple announcement that the iPad 2 is relegated to "obsolete status" in 3...2...1....
Just ask them. :-) CBS actually has a ATV4 app. It requires a for pay subscription of like $6/mo...and doesn't include any CBS sports. I think cord cutting entails employment of OTA for local channels and these networks. I live in an urban area, and easily get those 4 in full HD with a OTA antenna. 
I don't care about your typos. It is your basic argument that is fundamentally flawed.  What will do me good is blocking you. Ah. Now that feels better.
A specious argument if there ever was one. Logically then, all providers are equal, because they all have a potential 300M subscriber base. But that tells you nothing. SOG is correct. When Apple has 50M devices deployed, they will have a very attractive outlet for third party services. Why would you buy an AppleTV if you didn't want to watch TV? Oh, I suppose games, but I think Big Gamers with no interest in watching TV go the XBOX/Playstation/Nintendo route.
We (the AARP crowd) are not Apple's market.
More choices and options are good for everyone.
I think it works fine for my needs and expectations. Coulda, shoulda, woulda speculation is less important than concluding "it will get better soon, like all apple products do." This thingie isn't about there here and now as much as it is the future. 
As opposed to "I just dumped 100,000 shares of AAPL when I saw this device." *ding* instant cred. But interestingly, I don't see anyone (truthfully) saying that.
Well, that's where I stopped reading. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it. Honestly, you'll never go broke underestimating the stupidity of people. Any software must assume the users are absolute morons. I'm surprised this mantra isn't pained on the walls in Cuppertino.
Breaking: Apple writes code so they can add features to it later. Wow.    Having spent a bit of time now with the device, I am very impressed with it. I think it possible that some of this unmitigated bitching is based on some people's conception of what this device *is*. Some of this is newness, but ATV4 is not a computer of a phone - it exists to put content on a TV. That's it. Sure, the games are a new way to interact with what is on that screen, but at the end of the...