or Connect

Posts by eightzero

They need to invite Sir Jonny. You just haven't lived until you've had his homemade chili from a champhored edge, diamond cut aluminium spoon.
I don't use aperture, so I can't comment intelligently on that.   I do use iPhoto and have mixed feelings. I think I paid for it too. It isn't great, and is a huge memory hog, slow, and not particularly intuitive. If this means a better Yosemite app, well...OK. But i needs to be backwards compatible too. I have legacy machines (as do many people) and they shouldn't be abandoned.   What would truly suck would be a Yosemite app that has no option to function without...
I can't disagree that there are many devices out there that have potential. Lotta things to choose from, but other than the "gee that might be cool" factor, very little of it appears to me. I like my AppleTV, and it has features I use. But...my life doesn't revolve around a TV. I know there are people with lives like that, and maybe they are interested. Great, enjoy. The thing *someone* has to do is get content available for reasonable costs. This is not a Amazon v. Google...
OS10.10 will encourage peripheral makers to jump in. AAPL's strategy of life beyond the PC is going to bloom in some interesting ways. At WWDC, Craig mentioned being able to tell Siri "I'm going to bed now" and the house will be configured. A few microphones and speakers in the house, and you've got Tony Stark's Jarvis working for you. Could be useful. One thing I find curious is the focus on home video monitoring. It seems...not well thought out. I suppose some might...
Eww...
Eww...
Likely. How does the SEC not act on this?
I am skeptical. While there is no question that the threshold question for AAPL is profitability, they will also not make a crap product that damages their brand. They've done it before with mobileme (Steve's famous rant at the group that rolled it out is a fun read) and maps (the poor guy that rolled that out unprepared is now essentially persona non-grata at 1 Infinite Loop).   That said, at $300 it better be a wow product. No idea what it can or will do, but if it is...
Don't forget all the third party opportunities for cases with an uber-battery, lightning wedgie built-in...and 3.5" jacks. I can see AAPL killing the jack, not so much because it needs the space, but because it is tech that sucks, and the alternatives attractive.
Yeah, this. Do it. BT and or lightning are way more than sufficient. It's time. And I hate those damn fool earbuds, I only use in emergencies.   Imagine the new 1984 commercial with hammer girl wearing wireless earphones and an iPod to replace the reimagined one with the iconic earbud wires. "{Ditching the 3.5" connector will make o]ur enemies ... talk themselves to death, and we will bury them with their own confusion. We. Shall. Prevail."