or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Once installed, I'll be curious to know if the BT 4.0 dongles will allow the calling features to work on a non-BT4.0 mac. I'm sort of betting against it.
Question: the new MacMini has Two Thunderbolt 2 ports. The Apple Thunderbolt display hasn't been refreshed to a Thunderbolt 2 display. What's the difference? And I thought Thunderbolt was daisy chainable, so why do you need 2 ports on the mini?
I've never had a cell enabled iPad, so I'm curious to know: if you get one, and pay for a data plan (through this new feature or otherwise) can you use the iPad and data via wifi tether to other devices?
Perhaps Finland wishes to...nah...
I'm late to the comment party (again) but FWIW, tort like liquidated damages in a contract are generally unenforceable. This doesn't mean they aren't effective in making a party nervous about them.
This is a deeply interesting topic and thread. Quite insightful on many levels.   Try this one on for size: in the 21st century, is encryption technology a form of "arms" the 18th century writers of the US Constitution meant in the Second Amendment? That amendment is read by many as securing a right of the people to oppose an oppressive government.   And yes, I expect this comment to bring out some looney tunes, but I'm not trolling for that. Genuinely interested in...
I'm late to the comment party, but my $.02:   This "who takes what form of payment" is going to have a slow start. There's huge social inertia. Practically all US consumers are going to be toting card packed wallets for some years. Many (like me) will know the security of NFC, and will look to shop where it's available. I have gone to Target exactly once since their gaffe, and I used cash, something I never do. I might go back when ApplePay becomes available.   That...
There really isn't anything remarkable here at all. The "Apple was surprised" comment, while perhaps technically true, is not the same as "Apple didn't plan for this." Part of the deal structure Apple surely planned for was the possibility GT would not be able to do what they promised. When that happens, the parties can avail themselves of the legal processes available. This includes a bankruptcy, the details of which can be very technical. The stay in bankruptcy is broad,...
It will. Remember that Apple Watch will actually be in your own home most of the time. BLE has some range issues, but here's a nice start. If Apple Watch can tie into Apple TV too, and make use of its Wifi (and phone calls over wifi?) you get Apple Watch functions without iPhone in your pocket. I rather expect to see an update to Airport Extreme and Express along these lines too. This smart home stuff is easily overdone, as so much relies on the implementation in the home....
Don't hold it that way.