or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Yeah, hey...does that Apple iPhone service come in white?
Remember that (new) 200MB limit?
The iPhone 4 looks cool for sure, but I am taking a temporary wait and see. I have a 3G iPhone on an unlimited data plan. I pre-ordered and received a wifi only iPad on launch day. It is a cool device and I really like it, but has nothing to do with AT&T. Fairly, I have not personally had a problem with AT&T. Yet. I am just not a big phone user. Not enough to justify the iPhone 4 yet. At some point the price will drop, and I'll be able to justify the upgrade. An who...
FWIW, here's my take on iPhone 4 so far. 1. It's cool; 2. I just bought an iPad. I don't see anyythng on iPhone 4 that I *need*; 3. My iPhone 3G does what I need a phone to do; 4. Ergo, I'm not digging re-upping with ATT for another 2 years to get a iPhone 4. 5. I'm in wait mode. Rule of tech upgrade applies - buy when you need it, not before. I do hope (and rather expect) the iOS 4 will run on my iPad. Will find out in a couple weeks. Given it is the same A4...
The Jobster said "tell us where you want to put the ad, and we'll do it" or something similar. But here's a question for you delevopers out there - can the iAds load location information? IOW, can an advertizer buy an ad that only displays in certain geographical locations?
IIRC, it was iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 only. Sort of begs the question though - if you had a devices running iOS4 with a video camera, would you be able to run FaceTime on it? Like maybe a webcam system?
Haha. I see what you did there. I am forced to work on MSFT products all day. At least once each day I say out loud, "if this was a mac, I'd be done by now." My house is full of Apple products I love and use everyday. AppleTV, couple of iMacs, iPhone, iPods, all hung together on a Airport. I have yet to find anything MSFT makes that I'd buy or use by choice. Jobs seems to want to sell to me. Ballmer seems to want to sell to my boss. Fairly, my boss has more money, but...
I'm no tech guy. I only understand about half of what is described in these threads by people obviously smarter than I am. But here's what I know: 1. I have never heard of this Adobe dude before this article was posted. I assume he is smart and well paid. OTHO, I've seen the Stevester on the cover of Time, on Fortune 500 lists, America's Most Admired, etc. etc. Who do I believe? Yeah, well, the weight of credibility to my naiive eye goes to the gentleman from...
Ignore the content for just a second and consider the delivery. Steve is the very recognizable face of Apple Inc., and he essentially throws down directly at a competitor. Where is "Mr. Adobe?" How will he respond? There really isn't a credible way for anyone at Adobe to respond - no one will listen to some non-descript VP of corporate isoterica explain why Apple is wrong. In this case, Steve is right because he is Steve. Steve and Apple have this craft down to an Art....
Still curious to know if he had File Vault activated on the macs.