or Connect

Posts by eightzero

FOB= "Fixed On Board" It's a shipping term. FOB purchaser means they pay the shipping and bear risk of loss for the state price. FOB manufacturer is...you guessed it.
 You might be right about the Edition pricing because of the metal content. I think you are also right that traditional watches did have size price differences. But...this is new ground here. Sure; it's a watch. But it is something else too that has a tradition of gender neutral pricing.  Dunno.
You mean when the warranty expires? I can see that somewhere in the system prefs; or an app that collects your apple care details. But sure; an app that details release of successive versions might be cool. And I can see it being part of some sort of upgrade/ trade in on an Edition program.
I'm not so sure on the price difference for the sizes. It is one thing to price capability differently (e.g. storage or processor) but Apple Watch is "personal." Yes, the 38/42 sizes have more screen real estate, but the reason for the 2 sizes is fashion, not capability. Although no one will say it, the smaller size is targeted at females; the later for males. Yes, there are exceptions, but pricing with a invidious differential by gender is...impolitic. All will soon be...
Place your bets: Tim comes out at the start wearing a long sleeve shirt? Appears wearing an Apple Watch? And if so, what model?   Jony Ive video?   For sure we are going to see some demos of apps. Wonder which ones?
Yes you did. Well done; and *thanks*.
Well...DST is not exactly universal worldwide. And I think Mar 8.
I'm gonna take the morning off work to watch (!).    Pretty sure Apple would like to say "Apple Watch now available for order; see them in stores tomorrow." But a 3/9/15 date of the event probably precludes this. Our rumor mill would be seeing evidence of shipments by now. All we see is sketchy videos of vans with some strange sensor rack.   Edition Apple Watches are gonna have some security involved.    Lotta Apple Watch info has to be coming. Almost for sure they...
We're thinking on the same lines. I just think they'll take the old Edition in trade for a new Edition. The old Edition is essentially melted down for metal content. A "refurbished" Edition is probably detrimental to the brand. We know the internals are less than $350. And you really get the "out of the box" disruption of the traditional luxury watch model of a Rolex lasting decades. Yes, there will be a upgrade cost, but it isn't in 5 figures. The problem with a "drop in"...