or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Don't hold it that way.
I freely admit to being one of these, but it isn't going to be a Gold Edition I try first. I do see immediate value to me. A smart person at AAPL might want to think about some form of Apple Store gift card for the holiday season. Put a picture of the Apple Watch on one of those nice iTunes plastic cards, load with $349+, and give it as a gift. And...a smart marketing person would have them available at the retailers (watch stores?) that are going to carry them, and when...
While this is a bit of a threadjack, I am particularly interested to see how the tech evolves vis a vis other Apple strategy. I'm not dev or tech guy, but while Apple Watch is billed as a iPhone accessory, that isn't the whole story.    I understand Apple Watch to be a BT4 connective device. While the most obvious connection is iPhone, I think there are other possibilities, particularly in light of the "connectivity" efforts i iOS and OSX. Apple Watch needs help - its...
This post is interesting and informative too:   https://www.storehouse.co/stories/t56l6-apple-watch-sneak-peek   Lots of nice pics (from an iPhone 6.)
Grow is the word, I think. When I first saw mention of iPod, I shrugged with a big meh. I think I've bought a dozen of them in various configurations, and who knows how much I've spent on iTunes. It grew on me. I had a lukewarm reaction to iPhone. Decided it was too expensive for me. I bit at the iPhone 3g. It grew on me. I bought a launch day iPad. Showed up at my door at 10am on launch day. I've bought 2 more, plan an upgrade soon. But then, I also bought a MP110 Newton....
I found this article interesting and informative:   http://www.ablogtowatch.com/apple-watch-hands-on-review/   It is from a non-tech, non-Apple perspective.   All I can say about the "prediction" is that I know it is accurate +/- 9,999,998, as I will be buying two.   The killer app for it is a 911 button. Sure, no wifi/GPS/cell in it for now, but I think that is mostly for battery issues. A chipset to do all those things is essentially trivial. And I can see a deal...
 Many years ago, we made up a resume for such a guy at NASA. Was in charge of the PAM-D, IUS/TDRS-B and STS-51L SRB field joints. Couldn't ever get anything right.
Another option for consumers. Some will clearly want this immediately - I see photo people and information people that make their living from being in front of a screen many hours a day wanting this.    I too question the cost v. upgradability v. value *for me*. I think this bodes well for a 5K thunderbolt display being available at some point in the future, perhaps with some onboard internal graphics processing help? And a compatible mac mini?    A 5K 27" iMac isn't...
"It may sound trite, but choosing a new iPhone 6 model really depends on personal preference."   ​It may sound trite, but it isn't. Apple is doing this very much by design. In fact, I'll bet we see a refresh of the internals back into a iPhone 5/s/c size, and perhaps into a iPhone 4/4s size as well. Apple wants customers to have many choices.    Just for grins, we were walking past an AT&T store yesterday. Having never held a iPhone 6 or 6+, I wanted to try them in my...
Some discussion of this over at the Garmin site. Many users with the same issue, so it appears to be yet another Garmin screw up.  Garmin makes aviation units too. Think about that.