or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Exactly how this will come together will be interesting. I pay for an all you can eat bus pass. I'd love to have that on my phone or watch via NFC. My employer has card locks too. I'd like to ditch that as well.
The speculation is that the Apple Watch will have an activation code for Apple Pay, but removal of the watch from your wrist requires re typing the code.Also is the speculation that the Apple Watch surface screen will support touchID directly.
Agreed. Many observers thought the "it's been way too long" moniker of the October event was aimed directly at ATV. It seems a little long in the tooth in many aspects. I use mine and like it. But it could be better in ways that should seem obvious to AAPL.
 You are correct: this is all about the economics for the content provider. This was what Steve first cracked with the music industry with iTunes and the iPod. No one wanted to pay $20 for a CD to get just the songs they wanted. Thus Napster and Pirate Bay were born; and were real threats. The music industry changed. ESPN is not actually the content creator. As you correctly point out, they have licensed the content from the leagues. Note though that MLB and NHL (and I...
I think the issue with these devices for me is the content. I really haven't looked at roku v hulu v fire v AppleTV v comcast v dish because there really isn't anything compelling on any of them I must have access to. My AppleTV suffices for the occasional movie. The tech here isn't particularly important to me.    Give me an HDMI dongle that allows me to buy access to ESPN for say...oh... $2 for the day, and I'd buy it. 
This is an interesting article:   http://bit.ly/1xewJjI   I'd be curious to know if any earlier iMac users can identify the card needed, as the source documents only ID the model number for the MBA, MBP, and cMacPro; and of course if they've used the tool to enable Continuity.
Ditched BoA long ago. Never never.
I had someone online claim they couldn't run with the iPhone because they were in an urban area where they would be attacked and have it stolen. I guess I understand that, but I think that also means they have bigger problems than running without a phone. Only way fitbit can be successful is by not competing. People can buy multiple devices for specific things, but the value has to be apparent. If fitbit can make this thingy that is perceived as valuable for cheap, they...
I suspect Apple Watch will have an app for turn by turn...and use taps on the wrist for left or right.  Power Meters are for serious athletes. I, however, don't really need a device telling me "push the pedals harder, you slacker."
Hum. My iPhone 5s has the location services enabled, but I'm not recording using Strava. I have a Garmin705 that records (and will be the last Garmin device I ever buy.) I don't have battery issues, so I'd suspect the app you're using to record. I've given thought to getting one of those battery booster cases for just this purpose. They are quite inexpensive.