or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Not worth the price.
Will be interesting to see when Apple Watches start appearing on TV personalities' wrist.
FWIW, I visited the AT&T store to investigate. They won't offer this 3GB/$40 plan on a shared account. Theoretically, I could get rid of the shared account in favor of separate accounts (2 phone household) but since they have no iPhone 6's in stock, it was moot at this point (since that was the whole idea.) The trade-in program for the iPhone 5s ended.   A lot of this promotional stuff is just that: promotional. I'm reasonably happy with AT&T, but they do make this stuff...
Microsoft makes no product that I am interested in buying. Not hardware, not software.   What still kinda pisses me off is what I see when I look at my wrist. You know what I see when I look at my wrist? My wrist! Com'on Chairman Honeycrisp, get with it!
I too am a dedicated Apple product consumer, but I come out differently on the result. The fitness functions are anciliary to me, so a dedicated fitbit, while cheaper, has less value to me. My sole fitness tracking function is cycling, and it isn't terribly important for me to have another device to help me. However, I am quite curious to see how a cycling app will play out. It'll be interesting to see if a pre-planned route can give me accurate turn by turn directions...
I'll weigh in, if for no other reason to try to have a different conversation.... I never wear a watch to bed at night. Yes, I occasionally nap, and more often than not leave my watch on. I would likely change that - for naps, I'd remove it and put on the bedside charger. I might be inclined to replace my alarm clock with an Apple Watch. I suppose I could do that with my iPhone (or even my iPad that is seemingly always by the bedside) but I just haven't yet.
I'd like to fix your post: "Okay, the Apple-share option holder who did this, please raise your hand!" Honestly...I do wonder if that is the motivation hackers have. It is surely a way to leverage your skills.
The comments about the charging solutions are spot on. The inductive charger shown in the release movie is likely what will ship with the product, but there will be other options, perhaps from AAPL, but likely from third parties. The bedside dock will be popular. Likely one for the car and perhaps for the office. Betcha someone makes a self contained charger too - a dock with a battery.   I suspect many of the details of the product are not yet finished. I would expect...
Exactly how this will come together will be interesting. I pay for an all you can eat bus pass. I'd love to have that on my phone or watch via NFC. My employer has card locks too. I'd like to ditch that as well.
The speculation is that the Apple Watch will have an activation code for Apple Pay, but removal of the watch from your wrist requires re typing the code.Also is the speculation that the Apple Watch surface screen will support touchID directly.