or Connect

Posts by eightzero

I am looking forward to buying and watching on iTunes. Going to be something surreal about that.   Going to a theater sucks.
Yes, this deal appears gone. Must have been some sort of mistake.
This isn't the panacea claimed: "Users who access WatchESPN on the Apple TV must have an active cable subscription, while HBO Go can only be streamed to customers who subscribe to HBO through their cable provider." IOW, you still have to subscribe to the whole package of crap from your cable provider to access the channel you want on the ATV. The Holy Grail consumers want is to be able to choose and pay for ONLY the content they want. This news item is a long way short...
Betcha it ain't $55/mo after they get all the fees and taxes in.
There was a funny quote from long ago: "Locks are for honest people." I simply lock my house and doors to deter the causal spur of the moment intruder - the kid with nothing better to do, or someone simply unprepared to use force. This kind of system fits the bill. Honestly, if an evil doer is going to pick my lock, s/he has come prepared, and I'd rather they simply enter, steal, and get the hell out doing as little damage as necessary. This is why I pay insurance...
Looks pretty cool, and I will investigate. $250 seems a little steep. There are some other alternatives out there for sure, but what attracted me was that this one seems to fit into the existing bolt hole I already have. Nothing on the Kevo site about installation though. Dorking around getting this onto the door is the biggest challenge.   I presume the inside side has a "disable" function. There's some verbiabge about knowing what side of the door you're on with...
The one feature I'm a little confused about is the connectivity. I'm guessing I can't BT pair the pebble with my iPhone, and then use BT headpones as well? Be kinda nice to have the controls for the music on my wrist, and no wires to my ears.
Saw some kids playing with one of these microsoft ipads last night. I asked them why they got that instead of the apple ipad. One said "this will run microsoft office!" To which I asked "why would you want to do that?" Reply: "..." blank look. crickets chirping.   I suppose you can make a case for the prices getting so low you can have both. Like any tech, it depends on what you want to do with them. There sure is a lot to choose from in apple land. I have no idea...
Maybe put the share price of those other companies? Sure, AAPL is profitable, but is it $700/share profitable? And Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.
I don't think Windows 8 has the Lion's share.