or Connect

Posts by eightzero

I think this means there are going to be lots of options, lots of things to personalize the tech that fits your style. And of course, your wallet and your perceived value.   This is all getting very interesting to watch. My wife's iPad 2 needs an update, but prioritizing this based on the work she needs to do takes some discussion and analysis. She has a 13" MBA as well, so deciding on what capability she need takes some thinking. All this of course is unneeded if you...
They will absolutely sell millions of them.
As something of a "throw away" I remember Tim Cook mentioning that the Apple Watch could function on its own to play music (presumably through BT, since there is obviously no plug.) "If someone wants to go out on a run, they can play music just from their watch." Interesting, but I kind of think we've gotten to the point where going out on a run without your phone isn't really done. I carry mine as a safety device. Get hit by a car? Or twist an ankle? The iPhone makes many...
Never mind: http://bgr.com/2014/09/19/att-iphone-6-upgrade-fee/
I just became an AAPL shareholder for the first time. 
Interesting tidbit on CultOfMac:   http://www.cultofmac.com/296669/att-tacks-40-monthly-fee-iphone-6-two-year-contract-upgrades/   I planned to trade-in/upgrade after the fervor dies down a bit, but not is AT&T is pulling this. Quietly announce this on launch day. Well done.
Went like clockwork last night. 2 iP 5s's, one iPad mini. I did light off the update for AppleTV this morning, but I think my 720p unit got left behind. Oh well, no huge loss.   Also did the 10.9.5 update and Safari 7.1 update. No problems.
OK, here we go. Updates keep us posted on how this is going, please. :-) As Dilbert said so succinctly: "Change is good. You go first."
Oh, here's a wild card thing we can speculate about: Maybe Apple wants to work on the Beats Headphones a bit. They really aren't my thing, but perhaps a Apple/Beats headphone thingy with BT4 (for connection to Apple Watch) noise cancelling features, and 128GB of storage built in? Maybe a like/dislike/forward button on it to interface with Apple Radio and the Beats service? Dunno.   Discuss.
It will be fun to see what and how they announce things.   Can't tell you how often I put my thumb on my iPad mini home button expecting it to unlock like my iPhone 5s. Habits.   My wife's iPad 2 needs an upgrade, but that has less priority than the Apple Watch(es). When sufficient funds are available, I'll pull the trigger(s) on a new iPad for her.   I am going to move away from iMac desktops in favor of thunderbolt displays and mac mini and/or MBP machines to drive...