or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Or perhaps being very rich and never putting plates on your car, or parking in handicapped spots all the time.
Not often Posner gets stuff horribly wrong. But that "catastrophy" seems to be what Article 1, Section 8, clause 8 of the Constitution seems to require.
This is a very thoughtful, well-written, and creative article. I am going to change the author's name to my own and put it into a book I'm publishing.
A good article, and it all rings true. I am a long time AAPL user because to me it represents value. I use my tech a lot, and want to to the stable, predictable, and functional. I'm forced to use a MS box at work, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't swear at it.   I did a bit of chin pulling at the word "luxury" though. That word has some subjective quality to it. I'm typing tis on a MBA and it doesn't seem like a luxury device. It seems to me like value...
I know: Apple should agree to make Yahoo the default for people that are working from home.
I mean this sincerely: your comment is insightful. I think there is a huge difference between what consumers expect of their devices and what companies are willing to deliver. Both are interested in value, but they have contradictory intentions. For consumers, it is value for their expenditure. For manufacturers, it is about value for their shareholders. Some companies go with the "bilking idiots" plan, and do quite well. And then (IMHO) there is AAPL. AAPL seems genuinely...
As The Loop put it: "Ouch."   http://readwrite.com/2014/04/04/amazon-fire-tv-review-hands-on-impressions#awesm=~oAtNY6tAxPfzzX
This. Oh yes, this. Of all the things that frustrate consumers, it is the concepts of licensing and ownership. "I paid for it, so I can do what I want with it." Not all all. Buy a movie on ATV? It might not play on a non Apple device. Buy somehting from Amazon? Yeah, it might not work on your Apple device.Pays your money, you takes your chances. But...it isn't clear there is large money to be made making products that help somone else sell their stuff. Or is there?
A fair question. Pay per event sports. I don't want an expensive package for the season, or "all the games." I would pay a couple of bucks to watch the occasional game. ESPN is the gorilla in the room.I'd like to get the new "Cosmos" on iTunes too. I have the original from iTunes, and interestingly, it is no longer available in the store.