or Connect

Posts by eightzero

This is interesting:   http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/02/16/apple-wants-to-own-the-dashboard/23519593/   iDash is far more likely. I can see Apple making car parts - they are great at making human/machine interfaces. I bought a truck years ago: the steering wheel blocked the speedometer from view.     A whole car is very unlikely IMHO.   I can also see Apple getting involved in home energy solutions. Things like inverters you can plug into an outlet for...
Concur. You can't sell people the "best products available" without acknowledging that many, if not practically all, are not particularly intelligent. I've been a mac user since 1993. I freely admit there are features in Apple products and OS's that I don't know how to use. I think most people are like that with any technology. Face it - if any new gadget needs an owners manual, it is failed technology. The article's points about the prices of storage are well taken. A 3TB...
Nope.
I agree. I'm certainly an outlier on the issue, but there is very little about cars that excite me. They are transportation to me.  Self-driving cars aren't going to happen in my lifetime. And if I'm wrong, I for one will not only never buy one, but I would never get in one. That said, I would like an electric car, if for no other reason than I can then say I don't ever need to buy another drop of gasoline from the evil oil companies. But the economics of electric cars...
 Tesla is apparently going to sell batteries for home installation and use with solar powered homes. I can see Apple being involved in off grid and grid tie systems. One attractive feature I think that is overlooked on electric cars is being able to power the house from the battery in the car for emergency uses; or perhaps to transport energy to the house to reduce dependence on the utility. If you can charge your car for free (or a very reduced cost) elsewhere - access to...
AppleCar isn't going to happen. And neither will self-driving cars. Not in my lifetime.
I rather expect a Beats/Apple branded line of headphones, including BT options to appear any time. Sport BT for use with Apple Watch; active noise cancelling one for airline travel and other high noise environments. Any reason why an iPod Shuffle can't be embedded as well? 
 I agree with you that they will likely sell way more than that. Upwards of double that.  Some will wait. For many, and entry price of $350 is not that much money. The comments in the article about the holiday season increase are probably accurate. I can see this being a popular gift. You do sort of need to know your recipient has an iPhone though. I wonder if Apple will offer custom engraving on the Apple Watch?  I wonder how Apple Watch could be packaged to make the...
Threadjack:   I read today Tim Cook is headed to Israel for...something or other.   Now...there are certain parts of the US that aren't particularly safe, but Israel is much closer to that brutal ISIS bunch. If I was Evil(tm) and had minions, I'd be thinking about how to get to a guy that is integral to a $700B company that could pay a ransom. Seriously...what kind of security does Tim have? Remember how weird it was when Steve was sick, and "succession plans" were...
I would expect a big Apple Logo to flash on the screen when you light it off. :-) But I see your point. Given it was in "hobby" status for so long, it will be really interesting to see what it could turn into once Chairman Honeycrisp decides to get serious about it. That AppleTV interface needs some work. Hope Jony finds some time to give it a polish. You know...with al-u-min-i-um champhord edges...