or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Next piece of the puzzle is to see if the Continuity, Calls, Hotspot, and AirDrop stuff will work through a 3rd party BTLE 4.0 dongle on an older mac. I installed 10.10 Yosemite on a late 2009 iMac (no onboard BTLE 4.0) overnight, and as perhaps expected, AirDrop did not function on it. The question remains if Apple intentionally designed the systems to be sure they only function with on-board BTLE 4.0 support - that you bought with a new(er) mac - or that they enabled...
Interesting. I think that's the way to go, but I'm not sure such a prepaid SIM is available in the US. I did just look at the iPad Air 2, and it doesn't have carrier specific models, so this new SIM feature seems to support the idea.  Anyone know of a source for this kind of pre-paid SIM card in the US?
Ah. Didn't know that. Thx. And the diff between TB and TB2?
....and, is it possible to buy a pre-loaded, pre-paid data SIM card with a specific data amount? IOW, pay for the data whenever and however it is used? I kinda don't dig the "monthly" plans. Suspect that's what we are stuck with though.
Once installed, I'll be curious to know if the BT 4.0 dongles will allow the calling features to work on a non-BT4.0 mac. I'm sort of betting against it.
Question: the new MacMini has Two Thunderbolt 2 ports. The Apple Thunderbolt display hasn't been refreshed to a Thunderbolt 2 display. What's the difference? And I thought Thunderbolt was daisy chainable, so why do you need 2 ports on the mini?
I've never had a cell enabled iPad, so I'm curious to know: if you get one, and pay for a data plan (through this new feature or otherwise) can you use the iPad and data via wifi tether to other devices?
Perhaps Finland wishes to...nah...
I'm late to the comment party (again) but FWIW, tort like liquidated damages in a contract are generally unenforceable. This doesn't mean they aren't effective in making a party nervous about them.
This is a deeply interesting topic and thread. Quite insightful on many levels.   Try this one on for size: in the 21st century, is encryption technology a form of "arms" the 18th century writers of the US Constitution meant in the Second Amendment? That amendment is read by many as securing a right of the people to oppose an oppressive government.   And yes, I expect this comment to bring out some looney tunes, but I'm not trolling for that. Genuinely interested in...