or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Right. Just like Boeing manufactures the 787 in the US. Guessing this should impact the share price negatively.
I was a little disappointed when AAPL decided to abandon the nano watch sized form. With some work it could have been a useful and cool device in a wristwatch form.   This thing here though is butt ugly. The idea is fine - as others have commented Siri and other functionality is needed. The size needs to come down too. If someone could turn Jonny Ive loose on the project, they'd have something. The face needs to be very customizable in function and layout, something like...
Gotta really admire this Muenster guy. He apparently has a job that pays him to make shit up. Where do I get in on that scam?   I can see a future for some interesting tech that Apple might be really good at. The nano wristwatch had all kinds of promise, but that form seems abandoned by AAPL. I'm guessing because they had a business reason to do so. But just because I have some ideas about what I think makes sense isn't a reason people should beleive me if I say...
Can't tell how much shiping costs.
I can't imagine what an iTV would bring to the table that I would want, and almost certainly nothing in that price range. Compare the state of the technology to where we were before the introduction of the iPod and iTunes systems - in those cases there was a vast need for a tech improvement, and it could be done in a price range compatible with consumer expectations. No so here. The only thing that is ripe for improvement is the ability to get content on an attractive...
  Speaking of iTunes... [looks at calendar]
 Well, I'd beleive this. But as sflocal points out, time is Kruggerrands. To those that feel comfortable cracking cases (and I did this successfully to an original mac mini without breaking anything, replaced the drive and felt pretty clever) I say bravo. But the mac mini I worked on had a dead drive, and ol PowerPC chip, and if I broke it, little was lost. It was due for the recycle bin, having served it purpose well. Value received.   My iMac is still going strong. If I...
OK, a little help here. I don't see that an iMac can have both a SSD and an HDD in the case. To the extent a third party mades a fusion drive that is part SDD and HDD that has a single plug and mounts in a single "bay" space, that might be rather spiffy and worth an upgrade.   But...I've seen the video of pulling the galss and doing internal surgery. Possible yes. Possible to break something irreparably: yes too. I'm an engineer, not a technician.   But is this...
 Any reason a third party storage company can't make a internal fusion drive? Sounds like OSX 10.8 supports it.   Seems like an external fusion drive rather defeats the purpose - isn't the external I/O a limiting factor on speed? I guess maybe thuderbolt, but alas, the iMac i have has no thunderbolt.
OK, so...can I take my current iMac to a Apple store and have them drop one in?