or Connect

Posts by eightzero

I am not a dev or programmer, but I would think that any Xcode stuff that even vaguely references an iWatch/iTime would be pretty prone to leaks. But then, my impression from the community was the Swift announcement took everyone by complete surprise. You can write iOS apps without actually having a device to run them on, right? The xcode thingy does some sort of simulator?
They are likely iOS devices with a kill switch. Other than as a collector's item, I can't see them as having much intrinsic value.
Concur. The key is that the design and features are all settled, and that they will actually make this. It does not interfere or interrupt a current product; and perhaps makes the iP6 even MORE desirable. And it makes some sense to release it before the holidays, even if they can't deliver them. People will buy gift cards, particularly if they print cards with the iWatch/iTime on it. I can even see AAPL getting agressive and offering Kickstarter-esque queuing for...
But please-not that concept render.
Well...maybe. I can also see Cook doing this in a (albeit very different style) "just one more thing" kind of way. I'm reasonably sure he wouldn't dilute a Jobs-ism, but I can see AAPL going at iWatch/iTime as another "hobby." Something like: "we changed the world with Macintosh, iPod/iTunes, iPhone and iPad. But the intersection of technology and liberal arts is a wide city square, and there is room to have a little fun along the way. AppleTV helps bring all your mobile...
It would make sense IF AAPL has finalized the design and concept. They aren't interfering with any of their own existing products or lines of business, just building anticipation with an early release.
 Agreed on the music players. I had a discman. But I never saw a tablet before Steve showed up with the iPad. Or I guess I should say a tablet that actually worked.
I very much understand secrecy and "no comment" from AAPL regarding product upgrades and releases, iPhone in particular. You can't tell people "a new, better one is coming" because they won't buy what is on the shelf.   But in the case if iWatch/iTime, this makes less sense. Cook says AAPL is "deeply interested" in wearables, and thus acknowledges that these products exist. It would seem to me that AAPL would want to show off their product as soon as the form is settled...
Scheduled launch this fall means NLT 12/21. Might be a while yet.
Haha. Good one. Apple is a corporation. Corporations are tasked by law to be self-serving. Acting otherwise is actually illegal. But before everyone loses their minds, the law has a really, really low threshold of determining this.