or Connect

Posts by Jetz

They may have those clauses.  But do they really want to be seen suing a school board and get into it over allegations that there was shady business dealings?
When are they supposed to send out invites for the 9th? I thought the 9th date was based on a rumour from re/code. Has there more confirmation of the date since?
 This.  Why use this over Keychain?  I'm curious if anybody has user feedback.
 That's based on the false assumption simply having a slab touchscreen phone is copying.  That's BS.  If that was the case, Apple could be accussed of copying the LG Prada.  Form factors change and evolve, and a dominant pattern develops.  By your logic, every laptop after the Dulmont Magnum is a ripoff.  Before that, laptops didn't have the flip form factor.
 That's great for adult learning.  Where's the evidence that a 7-year old will learn the same way?  I see iPads becoming more niche devices.  So you use them in music class for example. But by and large when we talk about the education market, children will still need to know how to read and write and think critically.  And computers have to be a tool in that, not the end all, be all. We also live in an era, when governments around the world are very, very strapped for...
One last point I'd make is the advance of technology will only make this worse for Apple. Look at the Chromebook PIxel. Imagine an updated version of that available for $300. It won't happen for a few years. But it will happen. I stand by my assertion. Either Apple figures out a way to compete on cost (use several generations old iPad?), or it finds a way to justify to every schoolboard why iPads are more effective teaching tools (some combination of proprietary...
 This is your assertion.  Clearly not the experience of the companies and educational boards that are actually deploying these things.  Just saying.They are finding the cost savings in them.  Or they'd be deploying iPads if they were cheaper.  I really doubt they'd be shy to deploy iPads with keyboards if they weren't more expensive. Also, you should note, that when implementing something like this, you have to think of the whole cost up and down that IT service including...
 Well, you know of at least two pieces on there that will be made of sapphire.  As for the cover glass, I'm hoping (because I've invested in GTAT) that it does.  Wouldn't make sense to me for Apple to be churning out all that sapphire in Mesa for nothing. As for what it's called, I'm sure they'll come up with a name like "Retina Display."  Maybe "Sapphire Glass".
 I doubt it.  Schools (especially grade schools) don't need extremely versatile tech.  They need a browser, a word processor, and a pdf reader.  Really, that's about all they actually need. Chromebooks have that. iPads have that too.  They just cost more. This is a question of needs vs. wants.  The Chromebooks meet your needs.  The iPad meets your wants.  Taxpayers generally don't like paying school boards for wants. In middle and high school, you could argue that the iPad...
   You think an iPad will last long with a grade schooler tossing it around?  So now the school will need Applecare+ for each iPad.  Add that to the cost.  Now compare to the program that Google offers with "Chromebooks for Education".  At $249, schools will simply budget to replace Chromebooks every 2-3 years.  This is still cheaper than providing an iPad 3 with a keyboard and Applecare+ every 3 years. I get that Apple fans would love to see Apple products in schools. ...