or Connect

Posts by foad

I agree with what Solip wrote. Every OS has issues, even those that have extended development windows. Using a web search as a basis to prove a negative point is inherently flawed because most folks that don't have issues, aren't going out of their way to post that life is dandy. I do agree to some extent that the compressed release cycle can have negative effects, there are quite a lot of things that can lead to more white noise. A larger install base being a big one....
 Saying people don't care about American workers is a pretty strong assumption. Unions in the US have a history of corruption, especially those unions tied to non-skilled employees. I personally think everything needs perspective. Comparing the massive issues associated with extremely underpaid employees in Chinese factories and someone making $20 as a security guard, is disingenuous. Apple is obviously being singled out because of their prominence and I'm not saying that...
Each of those jobs require either extensive training or extensive education.
That's a fair question. I don't use loyalty programs for the specific reason that I hate merchants knowing more than they absolutely need to. As far as normal debit card purchases, I do and I know that merchants track me using my debit card to a certain extent. That is why I like  Pay. It adds a layer of security and privacy that wasn't available to me as a consumer.
I think beyond the privacy invading aspects of MCX, I think what is a main motivation is the processing fees. It's been reported that those retailers combined account for around $1 trillion in annual sales. A large portion of that is credit transactions. If you look an average of 2% processing fees, we are talking about billions of dollars per year that MCX is trying to save on. In the razor thin margin businesses, it could make a huge difference. To me personally, I could...
You keep falling back to convenience and that isn't the most critical aspect of Apple Pay, security and privacy are. The system is secure enough that the financial institutions are treating Apple Pay as CARD PRESENT transactions. Walmart, CVS and the rest of the retailers tied to MCX aren't thinking of consumers. They are thinking about the amount of data they will be acquiring on consumers that opt in to it. Consumers that are well informed and/or affluent aren't solely...
You're citing convenience of not having to pull out my card, which to me is the least appealing aspect of  Pay. Security and privacy are the most important aspects of the technology. Using a single use token to protect me from fraud and anonymizing my purchase history, far outweigh convenience. Not just that. The financial institutions are pushing  Pay really hard and Apple has most of them and all the CC issuers on board. Informed and affluent consumers will sway the...
While similar there are a few differences, including a critical one. Apple doesn't know what you are purchasing whereas Google does.  Pay is only providing authentication.
Being an employee prohibits you from taking material information about your company and selling shares it in anticipation of a massive depreciation in the stock. It is the basis of insider trading.
The reason some folks are calling them frauds is not because of production issues, but because of selling large amounts of stock without being forthcoming to shareholders about those production issues. If they couldn't disclose material information due to NDAs, they should have withheld their stock sales. It is all speculation but from the looks of things, they knew things weren't going as planned and yet they still cashed out when the stock was riding high. If they took...