or Connect

Posts by foad

Since you're an educator, you should be able to get it at about $54 annually. Additionally, if you don't qualify for the edu pricing, you'll be able to get Office 365 Personal at $69 annually sometime this spring. That new SKU has a limitation of one PC or Mac as well as a single tablet. I still think iWork is a better deal because it isn't hindered by being a subscription.
Actually, it's not a lame excuse. There are specific accounting rules with regards to adding features to products you have previously sold. Since I'm not an accountant, I don't know the intricacies of the rules.Besides, I don't see the issue with Apple covering some of the costs of development of the 3 platforms by charging on OS X. Sure, being free would be great but I think $45 for the 3 apps is a steal. Heck, if you only use one app, it's even cheaper. Sure, Apple is a...
 Reasonable folks didn't say that things were just fine, but Apple has time and time again exhibited the same pattern with massive code rewrites or architectural shifts. They will do a ground up rewrite of something in order to have a solid and modern foundation, and then build on top of that. They did it with OS X, moving to Intel, Quicktime, Final Cut Pro and now with iWork. While Apple is pretty good at is transitions, it doesn't always go as planned. Sure, Apple should...
I totally see where you're coming from and I'm not disputing the value to users, including myself, but I don't think it would sell any additional hardware compared to the current strategy.The thing is...enterprise is the biggest pain the ass. Large orgs that are tied to Office wouldn't see the benefit of switching tens of thousands of users to iWork. Purchasing cycles are crazy long, infruriatingly complicated and downright annoying. It would take an insane amount of...
I agree that they wouldn't mind more of corporate but it would require a massive effort to build out a suite and even larger effort to sway enterprise clients away from Office, and even then, I don't think there would be any guarantee of any significant improvement to their bottom line. I also see it as a distraction. I agree that have more document parity with Microsoft docs would be a great help to us users but I think Apple can do just fine by having a consumer friendly...
I think that's the case. For most folks, it'll cover most of what people need it to do. I think when you start looking at advanced features, InDesign is a whole different animal.
The thing is that as of right now I don't think Apple cares about that. Microsoft releasing Office on the iPad has that covered. I don't think Apple is even competing with Microsoft for enterprise customers in mobile, which is where the main part of Apple's business is. Apple and Microsoft are actually pretty solid allies. I don't think Apple is actually interested in sticking it to Microsoft. I think they are more interested in sticking it to Google. iWork is actually...
 I think it'll get there. They have been adding features at a pretty solid tick, including adding back and even expanding AppleScript support. I think that adding all these features and having pretty strong parity across platforms has been a real boon.
 It probably has to do with accounting or possibly just pushing everyone to migrate to newer hardware. I'd take the less cynical route and say accounting, but who knows.
 I'm wondering what features are missing that you need? I'm genuinely curious. Also, have you tried the latest release?