or Connect

Posts by MJ1970

If you continue promulgating these fallacious statements, it will be hard to take you seriously.
  It certainly does. We simply disagree as to the means to prevent or reduce the shooting of innocent people.
  Is it really necessary for your case to try and color or characterize my own state of mind? Seems odd. I have not stated a specific disposition on all of this, I've merely tried to look at the facts and logic of it.       Its true that drug prohibition exists outside the US. I'm arguing that a large portion of the gun violence is related to this prohibition in the US. That things have materialized differently in other countries doesn't change this. We actually have a...
  Well, I have no control over how you infer things like "seething with rage." However, your bar for "seething with rage" seems to be quite low. Second, your inference about my "optimism" entirely misses the point. I have given you facts and, until now, basically ignored them to promulgate your assertions that there is a widespread and unending epidemic that shows no signs of improvement.       In your repeated effort to "argument by photo", you're actually making my...
  I read just fine. It seems either you can't or you don't know what you posted. You started with:     At which point I referred you to a previously posted report that indicated that overall gun violence (not just deaths) was on the decline. Which suggests things are getting better than you have implied. You then with responded with a comment about medical technology and gun deaths, which was a only slightly relevant (and speculative) side-step from your original claim...
  But your argument doesn't fit the apparent facts. I've said it like three times and I'll say it again. overall gun violence (not just deaths) has declined over the last 20 years. If only deaths declined, then your argument might have merit, though it would not be a certainty and further investigation would be required.       Actually, no one has to have such power at all.       I think can end this discuss on your blatant display of naiveté combined with your apparently...
  Well...that's exactly what you were doing. You were trying to claim that gun violence hasn't decreased, which the report I posted (in that other gun thread I believe) claims has. Not just gun deaths but overall gun violence.       Well I certainly wouldn't support the off switch being in the hands of the government.
  You surely aren't going to move the goal posts on what you claimed are you?       Actually the link I posted (which surely you must have seen) indicated that all gun violence (not just deaths) has decreased. You argument would only be possible if gun incidents remained the same while gun deaths decreased. But that's not what was reported. What was reported was that all gun violence had decreased.       Assuming the numbers are valid and trustworthy, then yes. Assuming...
  The problem there is not the guns. To suggest so is simply foolish and indicative of a superficial analysis of the situation.       I'd be curious about a) the source of these statistics, and b) how they were composed.   As the old saying goes: There are lies, damn lie and statistics.       I question you claim that there's "no end in sight to violent gun crime at the moment." In fact a recent article I posted suggested that it, in the US at least, has actually been on...
  That certainly depends on the extent to which you take proper firearm safety measures and have the proper attitude and respect toward such tools.       By who? You?   Don't be ridiculous that what you suggest is the only solution.