or Connect

Posts by MJ1970

So you're doubling-down on your non sequiturs. Got it.   It's pretty hard to have a serious "discussion" with you if you keep doing that.       That's simply not true. Once again you don't seem to understand how the economy works.       Actually, I'm not saying that. If we must pay taxes, everyone should pay the same rate.   But you seem intent on:   not understanding me not understanding how the economy works digging in and sticking to your guns on historically...
  Enough with your non sequiturs already.       Of course. Taxes in this country (not to mention the welfare system) have done more damage in this country to the poor than poverty itself.       Of that I have no doubt. People get pissed when you take away their freebees.       You're completely mistaken. It's obvious you don't understand how the economy actually works and grows. You have it entirely backwards. Production precedes consumption. It must. Production comes...
  Yes - end wars and stop being an empire Yes - end war on drugs No - completely wrong and misguided...a free market in health care will be the best pathway to lowering costs, increasing quality and increasing choices...further the government shouldn't be paying for anything here anyway...so that could be reduced by 100% from a government spending perspective. No - This is simply stupid and will reduce economic growth and prosperity...further, it will not garner the...
  I guess I've missed that.       Indeed. Additionally a widespread disagreement about what the role of government is and should be doesn't help much.
I think Hands is flirting with becoming a fiscal conservative.
The 30-Hours-Per-Week Job Hurdle:       Once again, reality will prevail despite the best intentions of Obamacare and its (economically ignorant or, to co-opt a phrase, "economic reality denialist") supporters.
I think these are generally an improvement. Dropping the gloss/shine/reflection is a good move.   Additional changes that I'd make:   square up the icon corners (a bit). Not perfectly square corners, but not as rounded as they are now. drop the background on the Mail icon, Safari icon and screen weather icon not bad, but feels like the sun should be centered top-to-bottom and, perhaps slightly more icon-ized and less picture-ized   But I also...
  Then, afterwards, we can all go dance on Steve Jobs' grave.     Oh wait, we won't have to.
  That seems like a fairly poor reason, but let's move on...       I'm just going to say right here that this black and white characterization seems rather partisan and incorrect. I think there are examples where Apple has pulled users along to a new way of doing things and examples where MS has tried to do things the way people already do them.   Still, this feel irrelevant to the specific speculations about what "flat" may or may not mean in Jony Ive's world. Flat...
  Why do you believe that?