or Connect

Posts by boredumb

Crap... Will Ghostery or AdBlock, e.g., still work?
I thought the main reason the constituents of 'Rockstar' bought the Nortel patents - specifically, why Apple paid the rumored $2.6 billion, was to make use of select patents without having to license them for the hundreds of millions of devices they anticipated selling?   Did I get that wrong?   If that's not wrong, then the consortium members are patent owners/users, not patent trolls.
I can't tell, lkrupp...is it the interface you like, or Ive himself?I'm not sure why expressing a personal opinion that differs from yours,in and of itself makes him a bore, but I suppose it would make sense to a 'fanboy',and I didn't think that that term described you. I think it's the ugliest interface I've ever seen on a Mac, but then I've only beenusing them since 7.5 or so, so there's room for competitors, I suppose.To my eye - yeah, just an opinion here! - it's a...
Ah...the 'Harrison Bergeron' method of social and legal reform.
It's easier just not to let your gorillas play on the stairs, really...
Well, if anyone needed a handy definition of dirty pool, here ya' go.   Honestly, I'm ashamed. How did my country become a place that so readily selects this kind of thorough-going butthole for success and responsibility?
I purchased Applecare for two phones at the Santa Barbara Apple Store and didn't have to sign... I wonder if certain merchants are making their own rules, and/or setting their own limits?   Besides, any receipt that the merchant should be able to produce should look pretty generic, given how Pay works.   There never is any logical reason for a signature in any of these cases anyway, at POS - if you're scamming this way, you will be prepared to match fake signatures,...
Apple innovates new kind of DOOM!!!
You presume a great deal when you attribute your own vituperative prejudices to "everyone" reading here..."Paid troll"?  Try to stay attached to reality at least a bit, and maybe you'll eventually realize that it's actually possibleto admire and respect Apple, and own many of their products, without assuming everything they do is flawlessand appropriately inspired.  The company has had its occasional "oops", and common sense should tell you it will happen again now and...
Well, the "petulant toddler" rings true, but you really seem to contradict yourself in advocating both "less control""put[ting] legal teeth".In my experience, given the usual corporate 'character', failure to set rules and provide for effective enforcementleads to rapaciousness which the general public is otherwise defenseless in the face of.  The problem here is penetration of the defense mechanism (the FCC) by the entities it's meant to regulate (in the form of...