or Connect

Posts by boredumb

Yeah, some were Apples, and some were oranges...(and I think they were Mandarin oranges).
Thanks - I'm feeling a little less hysterical now!it was OTA the first try, when I got the 'couldn't complete' message.  Then I plugged in but still didn't use iTunes, just for fun, to see, and it went through the update.What ticked me off was, at the end of the install, it appeared that the iPad had been wiped - it seemed to be asking me to start it back up from scratch.  I had backed up, so it wouldn't have been awful, but after about ten questions I still don't know why...
You are quoting the space iOS7 needed during install, not what it used in operation, I believe (about 1.1GB).
I know I'm speaking from my own experiences, and many won't have had a similar set of them, but it seems many have...   I have to ask, when exactly did Apple lose the ability to present reliable, successful updates?   I probably won't install that newest one on my iMac, and have never put Mavericks on my MBAir because of my results with it on my iMac - and for the same reason might never put Yosemite on either machine... From the last major ATV update, to iOS7 and...
Or, take it as a sort of compliment.After all, what would be the satisfaction of dragging down the losers?
Reliable sources tell me this joke will still work because of all the 'wallhuggers'...
They'll be rolling out actual "Firmware" updates, starting Friday, I think!
@Tom Beasley: goodbye
I'd think the "main reason" would be to present the most advanced and polished product possible.Despite what they say about security, I don't really see the endless buzz hurting Apple… especially given the fever-pitch resulting by the time the products arrive.  Not sure they'd make the 6 o'clock news so many nights around the release, otherwise.
I'm a little curious about who is scrutinizing 140,000 or so screens a day and finding them wanting... how much of that can be automated, I wonder?  Seems like that might be a stricture in itself.