or Connect

Posts by boredumb

I'm thrilled to know that folks in India and China will have phones in hand before my family here in the US - we ordered ours early on 9/13, but they still won't ship from Verizon till 10/24 at the soonest...aaarrrggh!   But I'm happy for Apple, anyway - helluva triumph!
Aside from the fact that it's getting pretty boring, hearing you restate the same rant a dozen times(with minor variations), try to stay on point at least.The article doesn't say that Apple ever imposed this fine on GTAT - GTAT is including it in their ludicrous filingto add weight to their depiction of Apple as a tyrannical partner. So, without engaging the point of prokip's post, you aren't engaging the topic of whether the penalty is fair or draconian.You're just...
October 18 plus...isn't it obvious???   
LOL!I doubt it will come up, anyway.
So, do some NFC equipment standards require contact? It seemed from the keynote they didn't...this seems 'nearer than near'.
Excellent, thanks...and it's good to see that democracy still works in such a way that the biggest dog commandeers the bone! /:
Interesting - source?  I'd like to learn more.
Macy's may be responsible when you use your Macy's card, but when using a major credit card, the card is, I believe, responsible, unless or until the card company demonstrates a pattern of negligence by the merchant - at least that's my recollection as a former retailer (one lifetime of several).What I said?  Or at least I intended to.
I suppose I can understand this.  The merchant's themselves, unlike the card issuers and consumers, don't particularly benefit from the increased security, so have little incentive to purchase compatible equipment, if they haven't already. What I think they are overlooking is the same rationale that made cards popular in the first place.   Ease of use and ready acceptance remove impediments to more casual and impulsive spending... What merchant doesn't like that?  OK,...
So, you are saying Apple would have been more likely to give the money to starving children than U2?Don't think I agree, although I wouldn't say the same for their label.