or Connect

Posts by boredumb

A good point, and a good explanation - MagSafe does in fact have that potential.     But, I still prefer its form factor, tucking against the machine.     If the issue is that the pressure point of release, with the cord exiting the plughead backwards, allows non-release and pulling on the machine, why not design the MagSafe 2 with a similarly slim profile, but the cord exiting the plug-head at right angle to the side of the machine instead of parallel to it?     Then the...
Really looks like one of The Gumbys...somebody get him a little kerchief to tie up on his little head...
My mid-2010 MBPro has the right-angled MagSafe, just like my mid-2011 Air. The updated non-Retina MBPro still does, I believe.   I think most people, in attaching the right-angled plug, would trail the cord toward the back, so, no, it wouldn't obscure the Thunderbolt ports, or conflict with their cords.   If anything, the straight-on connector is more likely to tangle with those.   I like the right-angled connector because I most often am holding this on the couch, not at...
These "tablets" will have their own tiny little hammer & chisel, instead of the traditional keypad - Its Microsoft's take on the "touch screen keyboard"...
  So, Apple decided to copy the right set of products?   (Sorry, someone's going to post it - might as well be someone who doesn't mean it.)  ;-)
Can the "Swiss Army iPhone" be far behind???
"A broad patent issued to Apple on Tuesday for the MacBook Air's distinctive "teardrop" design may cause problems for Ultrabook makers..."   Hmmm...not if Judge Posner gets the case, I'm thinkin'...
Yep, just like the Wright brothers' biplane, Marconi's radio, Ford's assembly line, Bell's telephone, etc. etc.,   ALL Duds!   ...at least compared to what they eventually became.   What Siri portends is a symbiosis the beta can't deliver, but its descendants will.     I suggest, do a Rip van Winkle, and, when you wake up (if that happens), you might not be so disappointed.
Obviously, for making calls around corners...
Not convoluted, but the initial impulse for some of us was probably to start counting back from recent acquisitions (like my Air) or dates we well remembered (like latest iPhone)... And some of us never got past that.