or Connect

Posts by boredumb

So, you are saying Apple would have been more likely to give the money to starving children than U2?Don't think I agree, although I wouldn't say the same for their label.
Sad, really... He was listening to the National Anthem at the time.
Weren't there 25.883 million complaints?
But the security number on the back already raises the non-identifier digits by three, and there's no reason that number couldn't be four or more digits long too, so, along with all the other qualifiers mentioned, whatever the top number is, without changes to the front of the card it's flexible, and we're nowhere near needing to worry about it.
Sooo...selling their own products and delivering them locally? In a city the size of New York, they'll need at least one person to do the packaging. Probably even have to be full-time.
I think you made that point earlier, but thanks anyway.
Not only not an engineer, but also not a scientist or mathematician of any kind,so if I misstated or erroneously referred to a technical issue, I'm sorry, but I clearly wouldn't know it even if you explained it. Here, I don't think you are explaining, just kidding around, but, either way, you've lost me. My question was a simple one regarding space used by iOS - no jargon, no complications.I do believe that in-store demo programming accounts for the difference between the...
Seriously?!I cannot believe that in 2014, everyone on this site is NOT an engineer...But thanks for reminding me why I was never tempted to become one.Does Apple still have them?  Because it looks like we are almost exactly 8 bases short, here,and that's almost two baseball games.
I realize that this is sorta tangential to this thread, but... Went to the Apple store in Santa Barbara to actually see the new phones (ours won't 'ship' till 10/24...aaarrrggh!).   Turns out the word "sleek" has been redefined. Maybe also "svelte".   But I was concerned to discover that iOS 8 seemed to be taking up 8GB roughly. iOS 7 on my 4 only uses 2.5GB, so if 8GB is accurate, then folks who buy the 16GB iPhones are fairly well screwed compared to the older...
Phil Boogie tried to disprove pazuzu's comment that the 13"mbp retina and the 13" mbair were "practically indistinguishable"by posting a picture comparing a 13"mbair with the older pre-retina mbpro - which is much thicker than the mbpro retina andtherefore quite distinguishable.  So it's a false, deceptive, dishonest comparison...how is that difficult to grasp?