or Connect

Posts by BigBillyGoatGruff

The judge didn't say you weren't cool, just not as cool as the iPad.   I hope this helps. 
I'm curious to know how this one slipped through. I wonder if a reviewer was just asleep at the wheel.
Appreciate the effort, but that's for the original poster to do. He knew he took that quote out of context.Seriously, though, there's not one kind of "pro" user. The logical conclusion is that Apple did market research and designed the MBPr to hit the largest part of the market. If it doesn't meet your own needs, you are on the fringe, or rather "niche." Whoever is buying these (pros, pro-sumers, average geeks overcompensating for the size of their pocket protectors)...
  ...and F8.  Gotta be able to boot in safe mode.
It's misleading. It doesn't seem that any of these reviews have said that he MBPR is a bad value. They are only complaining that the entry level price is high. Anyway, consumers don't seem to think it's cost-prohibitive.
I don't mind that the RAM is soldered and non-upgradable.  I don't mind that the SSD is proprietary.  But it really puts me out that the 256GB SSD is the only option on the base model.  Anyone know why that is?
  The migration will be a cinch.  That truly is idiot-proof.  On not having to upgrade the OS, it's a toss-up for me.  Go with a the mature OS and upgrade when wrinkles are ironed out of ML, or start with a fresh new OS and maybe have to live with a few wrinkles until that's sorted out. 
  Don't forget, it's also about bragging about the size of your RAM to people who really don't give two craps about it anyway.  I would venture that's the ultimate reason for most of those who persist in whinging about it.   Having said that, I shall now commence whinging.  I only have 4GB on my 6-year-old MBP.  I bought it with 2GB and upgraded after a couple of years.  I would really like the option to upgrade it later myself (I'm assuming you can take it to an Apple...
That doesn't make sense to me either. I could see 11" and 13" MBA, 13" and 15" MB, and 15" and 17" MBP. At least in my mind, that covers a broader range of needs.But like you said, we'll see.
  With the exclusion of your conspiricy theory, you have a reasonable point about wanting a matte display.  People might take you seriously if you expressed that reasonable point in a reasonable way.