or Connect

Posts by BigBillyGoatGruff

You're missing the point.  It's not simply about having a high pixel density.  It's about maintaining the pixel ratio so the apps scale easily (i.e. x2 rather than x1.847962185485468521567 or whatever).
  Or the writer could have meant that it will be coming in the next generation rather than the third or fourth.     It's not, though.  It's really more like an iPad "Air."  And it doesn't seem to be hurting sales at all.  The 16GB and 32GB models still seem to stay sold out everywhere I have looked.  The next generation is always going to be better than the current one.  If you always wait to buy on that logic, you will never have one.     I agree.  It seems to me that...
  Yeah.  If they actually do this, they really should make it so you can turn this off completely.  I'm tired of AI doing things it thinks I want done.  I still use predictive text, even though it pisses me off a lot of the time.  Pretty agravating to try to text fast, but have to go back and change a word the AI thought I meant.
  I think they were hoping the headlines would include something like, "Microsoft, who just released super-awesome Windows 8 which everyone should totally upgrade to."
  I wouldn't assume that he is actually advising Tim Cook on anything.  If Forstall is actually "in the building" he is likely only the senior monitor of the water cooler.
  I think the steering wheel should be a click wheel.
  I am not promoting a dual standard.  If you re-read my post, I said nothing about the judge, Samsung, or Apple.   As for logic, use some of that, yourself.  I hope you realize that precise language is required in legal documents.  And all requirements must be included by quotation or by reference.  If the judge didn't do that, he really should not be upset.   Apple, on the other hand, should be careful to choose their enemies wisely--and not fight battles that they...
  That's the dumbest analogy I have ever seen.  It actually proves Tallest Skil's point.  Dad gave instructions that were vague and ambiguous--subject to interpretation because he didn't include his dislike of pickles by reference.  And now child is being grounded because child failed to look up dad's ass and read his mind?
I know a lot of women who trade sex for favors, car payments, house payments--and it's usually with people they know. It's not prostitution because they don't call it prostitution. The same is true, as you suggested, for a lot of marriages.I guess what I really meant to say was that I understand that it is illegal. I didn't intend to pass judgement as to whether or not it should be. I don't guess I have given it enough thought to really care.
  Not to mention that it's unenforceable for all practical purposes.  That's really getting into some thought-policing.  I can understand it being illegal to be a prostitute or purchase "services" from a prostitute.  But it's also illegal to know where the prostitutes are?  What if someone is searching so they can make sure to avoid the area?    And yeah, it would slow things down to the point that search would be unusable.