or Connect

Posts by BigBillyGoatGruff

I agree.I don't think it will have lens that protrudes less than 1mm. That seems like choosing to do things the hard way when it would be much easier and cleaner to make the whole thing less than 1mm thicker--or make a wedge-shaped phone. If the edge is radiused, I could live with a lens that protrudes into the radius while not increasing overall thickness. I wouldn't like that or a wedge-shaped phone, though. I also think either of those would be very unlike the...
The way you make a fool of yourself is amusing, but you may waste someone else's time from now on.
 Right! Exactly what I said! Take everything out of context, quote only part of my statement, and ignore the FACT that Samsung was announcing on this schedule BEFORE Apple. There you have it...a playground pissing contest.Nobody is denying that a pissing contest exists, but there are bigger, business-related factors that inform announcement dates. Seriously, I love Apple and I hate Samsung, but YOU should inform youself a little before making knee-jerk statements. Why...
 Exactly. I don't like Samesung or their tactics. But this is a smart business strategy. Samsung has been refreshing this product according to this annual schedule. Most of the people that bought the Galaxy Note 2 and iPhone 5 at or near release date have contracts that expire in or around September 2014. The best way to gain new customers and keep the ones you have is to have a new alternative that is available when those contracts expire. Not everything is a...
 I except.
 That's really premature, even if-when they lose a customer worth billions in annual sales. That's a lot, but it's only in their components division. Samsung will live a long mediocre life, probably much like Microsoft. Less discerning customers will continue buy their products because they think they are marginally less expensive, because they are fooled by a marketing gimmick, or because they just can't be bothered to do any real market research.
 And if the CEO was from the Netherlands...Not to make light of the layoffs, but it looks even more dramatic on the heels of the Apple/IBM announcement. It looks like, "Apple and IBM teamed up? Okay, we give up! Bring me a tall stack of pink slips." The good talent will get picked up, but it still sucks to have to get canned.
Seriously...it sounds like an Onion headline.
 Sarcasm aside: Unfortunately, this is a part of Apple's supply chain.Sarcasm back to the fore: Samsung will probably announce that all cancer-stricken plant workers were working on chips sold to Apple.
 Stop this ridiculousness. Companies make smart business decisions that balance market behavior, profitability, and many other considerations. You, yourself, recognize that the market flows in both directions. So Apple has determined that it's not in their interest to try to flow with the market. They decided they are willing to potentially lose a relatively small percentage of the market that "can't live without" a larger screen iPhone, matte display, 17-inch MacBook,...