or Connect

Posts by herbapou

With classic cable broadcast yes.  But with IPTV no, since only the channels you are watching are stream between the hub and the residence, which gives plenty of bandwidth for multiple UHD channels.  In Canada, Bell Fibe already confirmed to me they will start offering UHD channels in 2016, it will required a different set-top box.
I strongly disagree with you, since it perfectly doable with IPTV services right now. Advancement in codec's like H265 combine with advancements in broadband will make it the standard at some point.
nice pile of BS.  Go to a store and look at it yourself...   I can see the difference at 6 feet on a 50" screen without any problem.  The guy say's he start noticing the difference on screen bigger than 70", to me its more like 40".  This guy obviously have some problems noticing details.
Actually, 4k is available from streaming even if cable doesn't support its.  Also, any IP TV distribution system like U-Verse could support 4k right now because channels feeds are stream instead of broadcast, so they have plenty of bandwidth for it.   4k will be adopted because its relevant on screens bigger than 40".   Any big screen TV will look better in 4k than HD. 4k is also relevant in PC monitors, you get retina on PC's at 4k resolution. 4k is getting available on...
... ever ...   
omg YESSSSSSSS
Once I started using the NFC chip on my MasterCard (PayPass), I could not stop using it. When I go fill the car tank on a windy day at -20, tapping the card on the pump and start filling up is very convenient. I used that thing all the time now.   I could see myself using Apple pay all the time too,  over 95% of terminals here in Montreal supports NFC.   Now imagine with the Apple watch, nothing to take out, just tap the watch and you're done. Now if Apple could only...
Then ESPN could be a special channel like HBO that cannot be pick-up with a la carte bundles...  the way it works here is we have a list of channels we can choose a la carte. The list does not include special channels like premium movies or sports. Example of mandatory package:  Local feeds of  PBS, CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, CW, ...  ($10)Example of a la carte list:  CNN, FoxNews, Animal planet, Discovery, Disney, HGTV, Food, ... (a la carte bundles or $2 / channel)Example of...
Where I live we have channel choice packages. They could bundle for  example: Base package with mandatory channels: $10A la carte price per channel : + $2 per channel5 channels of you're choice : + $710 channels of you're choice : + $1020 channels of you're choice : + $15Special channels:HBO : $15ESPN : $10...
Something I would like to see on itunes is resolution upgrades for movies and TV series.  For example, if you have a SD movie, +$5 for HD and +$10 for 4k.