or Connect

Posts by herbapou

I really love where they are going with this.   Imagine the apps that could be done with that data, for example hearth rate and oxygen levels could be used to detect sleep apnea. If could also be used to detect breathing distress on drug OD or pain killers. It could be used as a constant feed to detect heart arrhythmia.  A lot of medical conditions could be detected with this.
 Actually throttling is very file specific.  I have unlimited downloads but if I let a torrent go to full bandwidth capacity, Bell is going to halt it in a matter of seconds. If I then do a speed test, it will show full download/upload limits.  Also, if I stop the torrent, change its bandwidth to 1/3 of my total capacity, it will start up again and Bell will let it go because it wont trigger there monitors. Malicious Cable operators could set throttling triggers on Apple...
 actually, no, because of the average selling price. If you count all of Samsung sales, they will probably sell more than all of the windows pc's, but there average selling price is going to be lower. In Apple case, the a.s.p. is higher, making the comparison significant....
Its pretty funny to count all those idevices as computers until you look at the average selling price... Apple a.s.p. is greater than the a.s.p. of the windows Pc's, pretty disturbing stats :-)
 They should had price it at $350 would had made more sense.
So, imo they stilll dont have the rights to throttle youre downloads. They do it with torrents because noone willl or could complain.
Its too early for those kind of leaks, this may point to a launch sooner than fall.
 IF Apple can pull this off and make it doable to sell complete TV packages over the net, they will disrupt and upset the entire Cable industry. Apple will have to make sure the FCC will not tolerate throttling or cable operators will do it to make the service unreliable.  imo, since it looks like cable did not want to negotiate with Apple and support native Apple TV apps that can feed from there own digital broadcast, they kind of deserve it.
I think the same thing, this has Apple TV written all over it.
I don't think selling at cost would be a good idea for Apple.  But I wish they would consider mid-range or even low cost with 25%-35% margins. Apple could easily sell a mid-range $350-$400 phone. For example, when the iPhone 6 gets out, why not sell the 5c in the $350 - $400 range instead of the usual $450 price point for a 2 years old phone?