or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Software patents, maybe they should sue Google then... or at least sue Motorola. Or the infringements are all on the Samsung layer over Android?
  In the late 90's Apple went all over the place. I am not saying Apple should do that at all. But A FEW models per markets that are "The best" choice for a segment fits into Apple goals on making the best products. Apple is not only selling one model of desktop or laptop, its not selling only one model of ipod either. Hell it even has 2 tablet models now.  imo doing this in the smartphone market is obvious imo.    On the tablet side, if they keep the old ipad mini model...
Despite people not liking Microsolf, imo they have the best ecosystem after Apple because they offer a complete set from PC, phones, tablets to gaming. The only mistake they made is not allowing old school desktop on PC's. They are correcting this ATM, but the damage has been done. They are missing windows 8 Tv's with Xbox integration.   After than Google Nexus hardware on android is a nice ecosystem. I would not buy an android device that is not Nexus to have a...
  I think Apple could be profitable at all market segments. All they need to do is make sure all phones/tablets models are good products.  Apple can still produce the "best" product for a segment.  The goal would be that anyone can buy an Apple product at any price point and always have a good product in there hands. When buying android devices, you could end up with absolute garbage because some components just dont fit with the rest and makes the product a flop. So...
Being web or games, I am in landscape 100% of the time.
  The mainframe is moving into a data server role, with most of the interface being done with webapps now. Cobol is here to stay for the forseeable future, which is good for me since i am on the mainframe. Problem is we have no young people interested, so most of the mainframe staff now is getting "internationnal". In meeting we have the feeling we are at the United Nations.
  lol, tech is not cars and its not food.  In tech, someone can sell a better product then you for half the price in an heartbeat.
  With the amount of cash Apple has I dont think the company will ever be "doomed" in a sense it will go bankrupt.  But the way the company is manage, it could quickly move to a niche market and have its shares continu to freefall has EPS continu to tank.   Apple is no longer leading the high end market in smartphone, and its missing all other segments because its completly disconnect to market changes. Apple is on his way to kill its strongest asset: the ecosystem. The...
  I would pay for a big icloud drive. They should offer this imo. I would also pay to have unlimited photo stream, not just 1000 pics.  I lost hundreds of pics when my imac drive fail, the pics where just out of the photo stream and I didnt had time to process, sort and backup my pics. So I lost them.   I now a time capsuled backup of the entire imac, but its too late.
What I would like Apple do with maps is take advantage of there faster method of scanning data (plane VS google street view)  The plus on that tech is then can show 3D rendering of everything in a scan region while street view, while more detail, is limited to what you can see... from the street.   So why not scan the entire world and make a 3D view of it? I was expecting to have a lot more 3D coverage in Apple maps. Granted Google has a huge head start with street...