or Connect

Posts by herbapou

I was under the impression we were talking about Japan here...
  I dont agree, its the same thing all over again. The only difference now is its not too late yet. Any OS that cant maintain critical mass will lose its devs, then lose more market share in an infinite loop until only the fanboys remains or the company goes bankrupt.   On the plus side, Apple now is in more markets and as more $. So it wont died and could return at a later time. The stock on the other hand could collapse all the way down to mid 2000's level because it...
  Dont want to burst youre bubble but according to sales estimates (people here are going to denied them of course) Samsung is shipping more S3/S4 than the estimated sales of the iphone 5.  So, Samsung alone is beating Apple on the high end market on unit sales.   Apple is selling less units YoY in a growing market , how can fanboys still maintain everything is peachy is beyond me.  Well Wallstreet are not fanboys, sales are down, margins are downs while Apple is just...
  He failed for multiple reasons but more importantly it was too late. You play the segments game of a commoditised market BEFORE you lose all of youre market shares, not after.
  Software patents, maybe they should sue Google then... or at least sue Motorola. Or the infringements are all on the Samsung layer over Android?
  In the late 90's Apple went all over the place. I am not saying Apple should do that at all. But A FEW models per markets that are "The best" choice for a segment fits into Apple goals on making the best products. Apple is not only selling one model of desktop or laptop, its not selling only one model of ipod either. Hell it even has 2 tablet models now.  imo doing this in the smartphone market is obvious imo.    On the tablet side, if they keep the old ipad mini model...
Despite people not liking Microsolf, imo they have the best ecosystem after Apple because they offer a complete set from PC, phones, tablets to gaming. The only mistake they made is not allowing old school desktop on PC's. They are correcting this ATM, but the damage has been done. They are missing windows 8 Tv's with Xbox integration.   After than Google Nexus hardware on android is a nice ecosystem. I would not buy an android device that is not Nexus to have a...
  I think Apple could be profitable at all market segments. All they need to do is make sure all phones/tablets models are good products.  Apple can still produce the "best" product for a segment.  The goal would be that anyone can buy an Apple product at any price point and always have a good product in there hands. When buying android devices, you could end up with absolute garbage because some components just dont fit with the rest and makes the product a flop. So...
Being web or games, I am in landscape 100% of the time.
  The mainframe is moving into a data server role, with most of the interface being done with webapps now. Cobol is here to stay for the forseeable future, which is good for me since i am on the mainframe. Problem is we have no young people interested, so most of the mainframe staff now is getting "internationnal". In meeting we have the feeling we are at the United Nations.