or Connect

Posts by herbapou

There is nothing illegal in shorting a stock.  Trying to drive down the stock with false news could be investigated depending on youre status or media.   Apple did what they had to do regarding shareholders, the return to investment in terms of dividends and buyback is outstanding. This is why dips around $400 are getting violent rebounds because the stock P/E drops below 10 and the yield gets to 3% at those levels. Professional short sellers will cover depending on...
Imo it only makes sense if they go full hd on bigger screen... ... oh wait, they could make full HD the new resolution on the phone. A 5" full 1080p HD phone and the current 4" could move to 720p, so half the resolution of the bigger phone. Both screen size would be over current retina PPI and it would be great for app devs. in the same line of thinking , the new retina ipad mini could be half the resolution of the bigger retina ipad. Again, easier for devs.
  From what I heard the new iOS will be more powerfull as Apple will tend to merge OS-X and iOS features in the next few years. But you are right, iOS is lagging Android. This may change in a few weeks, lets hope they leap over it. I wouldn't be surprise if Apple introduce some kind of touch base laptop with OS-X borrowing iOS features while iOS borrow some OS-X features in terms of  power.   There is also the screen size problem, beside a few Apple worshippers,...
  if I remember correctly Apple didnt offer anything to the carriers in the US when it launch the iphone because it had a 3 years deal with AT&T. I dont hate Apple at all, but they way they deal with carriers is just wrong.
    Its going to release new macs for starters. But I am hoping for a surprise on the hardware side. The Apple stock needs it badly.
    imo, I am hoping Foxconn doesnt turn into Samsung #2 and start rolling out there own products...
  Apple product demand is falling down despite the rise. You need to consider the market growth relative to Apple products. Of course , with pink glasses, I understand that some people prefer to see a rise. But in reality, its a decline.   Thankfully, the unit rise combine with the margins decline manage to keep EPS flat. But the balance is very fragile. I am afraid we will see significant EPS decline this quater. There will be YoY unit declines, but margins should...
  Actually, the warranty problem did trigger a lot of lawsuits in EU. The only reason those lawsuit were drop is because Apple made modifications to there warranties. They extended them to 2 years and made it clear AppleCare was only for the third year.
  Indeed. Apple way of dealing with the carriers is rotten to the bone. All the concerns in the investigation are valid. Bullying the carriers is a double edge sword, especially when youre products are on the decline.   Because of the big market share in the US, the US carriers have no choice to accept Apple terms. I have seen numerous times Verizon and AT&T CEO's on CNBC complaining about subsidies and how they would loved to get rid of them, mainly because of Apple way...
Indeed, but last year Apple didnt had the mini. I am hoping for the same numbers this year and it would be good enoughfor me.