or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Indeed. And you can get very nice plans with an unlock phone.  All my future phones will be unlock from now on.
I am getting news from some french press agencies that Apple will hold an event on april 18th?  Nothing on apple insider?   Update : It looks like this news is based on rumors. Still strange its being relay by normally more serious press.
I was worried apple sales would collapse. I am hoping they can mantain last year levels, they may be able to pull it off afterall,
Would made sense if Apple didnt said they are doing guidance diffently now. No more lowballing it. We will see how they do in Q2, but according to them they will be in that range.
    I hope that margins will improve. The problem is Apple did'nt guide an improvement in margins, Apple actually guided even lower margins in fiscal Q2. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/01/23Apple-Reports-Record-Results.html     Lower revenue on top of lower margins = negative YoY EPS growth in Q2.
  1. Apple is shiftting from growth ownership to value ownership. This makes hedge funds dump Apple in favor of something else. Apple has a huge market cap, which make it reach a point where everyone who can own it already does, which in turn stall the stock price. A yield allow more "funds" to be able to hold some Apple. Reference: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-21/hedge-funds-boost-stock-bets-to-07-high-goldman-says.html   2. If you cant see apple yoy growth...
  Massive stock buybacks is a temporary thing.  A dividend will be more beneficial in the long term.  Also, buybacks doesnt bring the income funds in Apple. Apple is shifting from a growth stock to a value stock, and to do this you need to allow income funds to get in.    Currently the yield support a price of around $350 (yield > 3%) in a zero growth scenario. If Apple can rise the dividends and still continu to pile up cash then they should do it. I am not very...
  He is a bit pessimistic, but this could very well play out like this, which would be bad for my invesments.  We have too many fans here seeing things through pink glasses, which is not better than lowballing it imo.   That being said I am not very impress with Apple R&D, but I am still hoping they can make a come back and bring the growth.  ATM Apple is stall in terms of growth and its getting dangerously close of starting to decline. 
I second that. I have seen him say something and trade the opposite so many times, he is a stock manipulator.
  Depends, I think most people refer fiscal Q1 or Q2  by just "Q1" or "Q2" while calender Q1 is reference like Q1 2013. Some people use fiscal quaters while others use calenders quarters.  I was trying to use calender quarters, which I think is reffered as Q1 2013.  But we are in the current fiscal Q2 indeed.   They may be able to lower the 27" imacs price later on, unless they move to retina, then no.  I think those laminated 27" IPS screens are very expensive, so not...