or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Regarding seeing a lot more big screen Android phones out there:  its more than anecdotal evidence.  I see a lot of those phones now, more than iphones actually.
Lots of feature phone user are upgrading to cheap android devices and dont used there "smartphone" part. Will be more interesting to see stats between lets say an iphone 5 and a S3.
  imo a good phablet size is something more around 5.5" or 6".  5" may be to small for a tablet and too big for a phone. imo 16x9 ratio 7" is too big.  On the other hand my collegue have no problem carrying is 4:3 ratio 8" ipad mini in his pockets. But then again he his build like a football player. Point is choice is what we need. One size fits all is just plain stupid.   On the phone side, a true 16:9 ratio 5" phone would still be narrow enough to fit in any man...
  Indeed. I do think a FEW people will bother about color accuracy on a PHONE, but size and maybe reflectivity are way more important specs for the average customer. I really dont like that comment too, it shows a total lack of vision. I take this as a attempt to noted OLED sucks. I think they will do it when then can do a thin, retina one without using OLED.   IF you put a iphone 5 side by side with a OLED screen phone (Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, ...) you will immediatly notice...
  I lot of people dont want to carry 2 devices. The fact that you dont like them doesnt mean that nobody does.
  In short, they dont want to use OLED.   imo IGZO would solved his concerns. I have the feeling they will make a big thing out of it when they release the retina ipad mini.     They need something they can sell unlock, something very cheap sold only in emeging market and something around $300 for internationnal markets.
  I assumed the current price will be used by the new ipad mini.  The old model at a lower price point would address the low end market.
  Actually on the ipad side what I would like to see is a move to the 16:9 aspect ratio. That would simplyfied resolution handling on the dev side and could explain why they would go to unnessary high PPI on the phones.    Phones could run at 1920x1080 full HD and tablets could run at double HD. That would take care of the resolution for a few years on all mobile devices and Apple could have a very clean dual resolution pattern that would be very clean for devs.   On top...
  They just didnt had the screen tech to do a retina mini last year. Imo we will get it this year. The regular ipad should be thinner and lighter too if they changed the screen tech.
I am hoping Apple keeps the current ipad mini when the new one gets out, but drop the price so it can maintain a decent market share.