or Connect

Posts by herbapou

The desktop have GPU options that the laptops dont have .  That why I always need a desktop.  If you take a fusion drive I dont see how this is a "slow" drive...   I see the 27" has memory expansion but not the 21.5". Well the consumer that thinks he is going to need 16g can still buy it right from the stat.
  Actually the Montreal Apple store still had 32g and 64g ipad mini in stocks at noon.  And they had plenty of them.  Will check back on my way home.   The "hot product" today was the macbooks, also every single Apple employe was busy selling one.At 5pm the montreal Apple still had 32g and 64g ipad mini. But boy that store was pack to the point you could barely move inside.
There is obviously a major problem with the 21.5" imac. This would have been the perfect launch date.
Too bad they didnt have a lot of ipad minis stockpile for this event, the mini at 299 would have brough huge crowds to Apple Stores. Note that the stores are going to be pack amyway, but it would have been nice to see.
Last year rebate was 50$ off all ipads and 100$ off all macbooks, thats pretty close imo. We still need to wait to see this year rebates. Btw merchants have a cut on itunes cards so a 60$ gift card is the same as a 50$ rebate for them...Of course the 100$ or 50$ rebates are bigger percentage wise on the lowest price items.
Merchants always beat Apple stores rebates. Last year in Canada it was stamples who had the best ipads rebate.The ipad3 is a discontinued product so i am not sure whats youre point? If you want to imply that Apple is in some kind of trouble and needs to make bigger rebates this year you are dead wrong imo...
If anyone ears about an iTunes gift card special in Canada I am interested.  I need to reload. Needs about 200$ worth.
Would $1,000,000 have bumped the stock by 25 points? Friday volume was 2x average at 50 millions shares for a total of 25 billions. So that million was a drop in the bucket. Btw on friday at the low mutual funds and pension funds bought large volume of shares. They had there bid sitting there in case. That scare the hell out of the hedge funds, the brokers saw that then covered and the stock made a nice oversold V pattern.
Here is my wish list:   1. Apple need to break its predictable product launch patterns. 2. The Big, the Small and the Ugly: 4.5"+ iPhone 6, 4" iPhone 6 and a low cost emerging markets iOS phone. 3. Much lighter regular ipad, retina ipad mini at 329$ and non retina iPad mini at 249$ or even 199$. 4. 799 and 999 macbook airs. 5. Apple TV set and cable box with full cable partnership.   If Apple doesnt do anything, its going to paint itself in a corner just...
You need to take into account the imacs have not started to sell yet. Everyone that wants one is waiting, so if they only sell 1 millions of those they will bust last year number.The retina MBP are high end machines and are very expensive, they wont sell in big numbers. The bulk of the sales are going to be MBA and the 21.5 imac when it comes out.I must agree that Apple will never have large pc sales until they can produce something below 1000. Maybe with ssd prices...