or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Ok that explains the stock dive.  imo there is going to be another dive when they get to hardware.
    They could get away with 35% gross margins. $150 cost + 35% = $200.  I believe even at the low end Apple can charge a small premium relative to other low end phones. The other thing I would do is make special software bundles to buyers of the low end phone in those countries to get extra itunes revenu and attempt to take down piracy.     I dont know what Google just announced but the stock is taking a serious dive right now.
  I wish I could get a pair of youre pink glasses and believe what I see with them. I would be less nervous with my Apple LEAPS.
  I have been pouding this too. To support the ecosystem you need to maintain critical mass. Since Apple is the only maker of iOS hardware it must do something about the low end in emerging markets. I dont care if they dont sell the low end phone is rich countries, but they need to offer something in China and India ASAP before its too late. Apple is getting is butt kick everywhere exept North America and the UK.   In rich countries, Apple need to come back on top and...
    that is exactly why the labels dont want to cut a deal with Apple. On top of not likeing Apple dominance, nobody likes being bully.
  The fact that you can get it for free OTA and it requires cable for internet is pretty wierd indeed. TV channels are own by big Cable cartels and this is why it gets wierd like that. I think ABC is own by Disney, but if you dig more I am sure you will find some major shareholders that trace back to cable or DSL.   On the other hand, they need to make sure someone in the middle of nowhere cant stop watching its local ABC's in favor of the NY feed. That would hurt local...
  There is another hint that Apple can not offer a live TV service without involving Cable. Cant wait to see if we will get some news on the TV front at the WWDC. I am expecting an Apple TV software revamp and maybe and finally an app store.
Big position from an edge fund and insider trading. Didnt saw any reasons to impact labels negociation in there except one phrase saying the fund will push for Sony to sell its entertainments division.   Looks like google may break $900 today.  I remember when Apple and Google were both tradind $700, they sure took 2 very different directions from that point.   Edit:   There you go, I see google at 900.00 on my screen. Took 2 attemps to break the sell orders at 900 flat....
  Foxconn mostly assemble things and Apple can't do the R&D for every single components that comes into there devices. Apple goal is to spot the right tech and make sure they will have the necessary production volume when the time comes.
  I think they are refering to large screens.  The smaller screens should come out in volume this year, that is if Apple 2 billions investment made 1.5 years half ago is true. Apple needs IGZO to pull out retina ipad mini's and lighter, thinner ipads.   I do agree that the iphone 5s wont probably get it but the iphone 6 should, or any big screen version. The most urgent needs for a better screen tech are ipads and laptops. And possibly a TV, especially if its 4k.