or Connect

Posts by herbapou

This rumors is a good match with the halt of ipad 4 production at Sharp.  Apple needs a tech like IGZO to make bigger screen with high resolution while at the same time save battery life and have a thinner design.   Would be nice if Apple could secure all IGZO production, it would be a much better way to cut competition than doing it with lawsuit in court. OLED is nice but its not as efficient as IGZO. Apple would have an edge for maybe a year on the tech side. If...
I went several times during the holiday to the Apple store next door and I was able to make one of the guys talks about sales.  They never gave me precise numbers of course, but they did said the mini was outselling the regular ipad, with one giving a hint the ratio was about 2 ipad mini sold for 1 regular ipad.   That being said, because of the growth in that market I think Apple will be able to sell just a little less 9.7" ipads than last year. So they may have...
The thing that stinks from the supply so call "cuts" is they said they cut from 65 millions screens.   But 65 millions doesnt make any sense at all, they wont even sell that many in the holiday quarter, so ordering this amount in Q1 is pure BS. Even of you cut that in half its still a good number for Q1, especially with some China sales already done in Q4.     Update:   Here are last year numbers for calendar Q1 or fiscal Q2:       Its possible that Apple assumed they 5...
    With youre comment you lost the right to come up with estimates. I call youre 6 millions mac even more BS than Gartner and IDC...
    indeed.  I also think the mini is the best small tablet out there, but you do pay more for it.
    They are trying to get maximum F.U.D. for opex.    Now that being said, Apple is still decelerating pretty heavily.  The iphone 4 sold twice the number of phones as the 3gs, the iphone 4s sold twice the number of phones the 4, but the iphone 5 is expected to barely sell 20% more than the 4s. Thats one hell of a drop on "growth".   We will see the real number at earnings, but even if they beat 50 millions, keep in mind they launch in many more countries for the first...
Imo Q3, Q4 estimates are too high. Those implied a ipad refresh in q2 and an iphone refresh in q3. Not so sure we will get both. Did you notice Q1 estimates are lower than last year, so the street is expecting a yoy decline. If you wonder why the stock as tank,this is it. So idiots here that thinks analyst have impossible to meet expectations, they are low balling this time...
  would be nice to have pixel for pixel airplay.  This is a nice feature of the 21.5" 1080p imac, you airplay it pixel for pixel on the TV, retaining desktop size.   dont forget Apple as a "high interest" in the TV space.  Iphone apps that match the resolution of a HD TV is a big plus on the app side for both devices.
  Can I quote you next week?
    thats complete BS. imo you have to be retarded to not expect youre tech toy to be outdated in the near future. I bought the ipad 3 and the ipad 4 refresh didnt bother me at all. On the other hand it keeps new buyers coming and to some degree expand ipad sales until the next refresh.   Imagine if they would have roll out the new mini and no ipad 4 updated.  The ipad 3 sales would have completly died down, they ipad mini already outsell the ipad 4 by a factor of 2 to 1.