or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Foxconn mostly assemble things and Apple can't do the R&D for every single components that comes into there devices. Apple goal is to spot the right tech and make sure they will have the necessary production volume when the time comes.
  I think they are refering to large screens.  The smaller screens should come out in volume this year, that is if Apple 2 billions investment made 1.5 years half ago is true. Apple needs IGZO to pull out retina ipad mini's and lighter, thinner ipads.   I do agree that the iphone 5s wont probably get it but the iphone 6 should, or any big screen version. The most urgent needs for a better screen tech are ipads and laptops. And possibly a TV, especially if its 4k.
  You have interesting points.  I am hoping Apple will at some point merge iOS with OS-X.  iOS came from OS-X anyway.  We will see how it goes with the new leadership on the software side. iOS is in a bad need of a complete revamp with Android leaping over it in terms of innovation.   On the hardware side, the macpro is a major letdown indeed.
  YoY growth for iphones sales is around 20% in a market that has 55% growth YoY growth for ipads is around 40% in a market that has 110% growth.   This is why Apple is getting market share lost.   And the drop on margins gave a lower YoY EPS despite the sales increase.  imo this is not a bad thing, Apple margins are too high anyway, but it needs to compesate with bigger volume to keep its YoY EPS.
  Computer business is not the car business. You must maintain critical mass to keep the ecosystem going on. IF Apple gets to low it will start losing its devs.     The only niche market Apple ever had is the PC business.  ipod, iphones and ipads are not niche markets at all. But the iphone business is on its way there.  Getting most of the profit in a market is a double edge sword, Apple better deliver top of the line innovation to justify it or its just overpricing....
  I am hoping Apple will get a clue and move iMessage and Facetime cross platform too...
  Thanks for the link.  From my understanding Samsung has the old Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) late 90's patents that may be not as advanced of what Sharp has right now. imo they still needed to secure the more advance IGZO tech from Sharp with the deal they just made.   Maybe with the 2 billions investment in Sharp, Apple as secure IGZO production in volume and even if Samsung has the tech, its still wont be able to output the screens in volume until...
of course, when we are not happy with the numbers lets question the source...   Fact is Apple is painting itseft into a niche corner just like it did in the 80's. This year is pretty much last chance for Apple to come out with multiple iphone models that adress the entire market.    Apple was able to slow down its tablet market share freefall with the ipad mini, its needs to move asap on the phone side.
  link please. Because I sure can give you tons that refer IGZO patents own by Sharp. Here is one regarding Samsung... http://www.oled-info.com/samsung-may-invest-sharp-gain-access-igzo-and-other-technologies
  and I am saying it doesnt apply only to LCD's. Glass, memory, 4g chipset, sound chipset, ...