or Connect

Posts by herbapou

You're are assuming Apple goes without the ISP's.   I am not so sure of that. I personnally thinks Apple is or at least was trying to go with Cable partnership.
    Been using "a la carte" for almost 10 years now and I sure wont go back to packages.  The only place in north America that I know offer this is the Quebec province in Canada. Its not even available in other Canadian provinces.   The thing is Cable and Bell Fibe do also offer regular packages, but at least we have "a la carte" option if we want. Most people here want a mix of english and french channels, complicating the packages content so they came out with...
I hope Apple keeps the old ipad mini and do a decent price reduction on it.  Maybe one model at 199$ ?  The problem with Apple being the only makers of iOS hardware is its not covering the entire market.    I know purist dont want Apple to cover the low end, but not doing it hurts the ecosystem because its keeping out a lot people.  If I was Apple, I would push special itunes rebates for buyers on the cheap iphone in both India and China in order to keep them from...
  Content deals are what stalling this indeed.  But the still need to revamp that interface, its getting old.     Regarding content deals, cant wait to see if Apple will go by itself and bypass cable or work with cable. I am watching the QAM (cable) vs IPTV (DSL) war in both Canada and the US and its getting interesting. Cable is not reacting to well against the first real competition they face. If apple goes by itselft it wont be able to get a lot of channels because...
  Its depends on someone's point of view.  To me its more like YoY and Q2Q declines in booming tablet and smartphone markets. Its horrible to me because last year Apple was dealing with Q2Q decline (normal) but still was doing double digit YoY growth. I am kind of hoping Apple can maintain its YoY EPS at the minimum.
Well Apple did provide horrible guidance for this quarter. I think wall street already baked that into the price. The guidance implies lower sales than previous quarter and last year quarter.
  oh!  need to go check out that logo...   and tallestskill is no big fan of the Apple TV set, if you got flame by him.  imo we will get the software revamp way before the actual TV set, so its going to be on the Apple TV box at first.   update:   The WWDC logo could indeed be TV related. Of course, we cant be sure but this reinforce other rumors I saw about a TV software revamp and a new Apple TV box introduction. I think I will buy a few options calls that expires after...
  Lower power consumptions for starters.  I am hoping for IGZO at last.   On another subject I saw rumors of a complete Apple TV software revamp at the WWDC. Anyone else ears about this?
The dividend yield + buy back = a nice return, somewhere near 5% at 500$.   With the return to investors Apple has floor the stock.  After that its must maintain its EPS or increase it with cycles or new products.
I am hoping they spread the cycles a little bit instead of coming out with everything at once