or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Because the high end market has saturated. Growth is in the low to mid range now. Of course of you dont care about Apple growth you wont understand. And 450$ for a 8g iphone 4 is very very expensive.Personnaly i hate that Apple only has one phone. With 70% of its profit coming out of the iphone, if they mess up an upgrade it could cut the sotck price in half in s heartbeat. And Apple is losing its shine, its not adapting to new market needs.
Accourding to Verizon CEO they have 50% iphones sales, down 5% from last year 55%.  But they have 30% yoy increase in sales.  Last year they had 4.3 millions iphones so that gives around 5 millions iphones this year.
I dont see how having to manage the data would be a better solution.... The fusion remove all the hassel out of it, so imo its a better solution for most users.That being said, a thunderbolt ssd could be usefull for people without the fusion drive indeed,but this means you will have to configure things then manage the data.The hybrid drives are cache drives, so the fusion drive is not an hybrid because it manage whats on the ssd and the hd, it doesnt duplicate it to...
My imac setup    
The "hold it in one hand" feature is a phone thing imo, i see the advantage of being able to dial with one hand, but seriously whats the point of editing a photo with one hand like shown in the apple ad... I hope Apple will wake up and realise "phones" are used less for phone calls and more for computer task and texting. At some point apple will have offer a bigger screen model or lose the market.Btw i have no problem reaching all the iphone 5 screen with my thumb. You...
Since the mini is 8" not 7", the nexus 7 and the mini both have the same screen height. So when watching a widescreen movie both tablets will show the same size. But for everything else, the mini is better. The pixels density on the nexus 7 is a bit better than the mini, but you still see less when surfing the net.The cpu on the nexus tablets is good indeed, but the gpu lags behind by a lot. Bottom line the mini outperform the nexus 7 and the ipad 4 runs circles around...
Apple told the China number in an attemp to help the stock. About time they do something about it...
I wouldnt do that. But how about apple making an iOS phone for someone else? For example Apple could make yahoo brand phone and tablet that runs on ios. Yahoo could strike a deal on the ecosystem and used apple apps stores with a share of the profits for yahoo phones.Just saying, would be a way to make cheaper ios devices, but not with the apple brand. While at it they could try to get the Nook and Kobo to run on iOs. Why not try to make a deal with Amazon, those guys...
The very non scientific feedback i got from my loca apple store is that the mini is outselling the ipad4 2 to 1. Even if there is some cannibalisation, we have the potential to see a huge ipad number in q4. But personnaly i think the mini is so popular because its cheaper and makes it a more affordable "gift" in the holiday season. The ratio may changed in january.
  imo if you think they are wrong one can use this opportunity to buy more.  I have money coming into my option account this week, they can bash it to 400 I certainly wont mind, more leaps for me.   I bough the 21.5 imac today.  While I was there I asked questions about the iphone and iPad sales.  The iphone was in stock but it sells very well.  The ipad mini was out of stock and they sell 2 ipad mini for one ipad4. The mini is selling a lot more than anticipated but...