or Connect

Posts by herbapou

This is how Apple keep high margins on idevices, people buying the 32 and 64g versions are the ones paying the premium and allowing the 16g version to sell at a lower price. this is also why Apple doesnt put micro-sd on its devices.
  Depends if they can sell everything they make.  If not the price is too high.  We will see friday how it goes.    The mini build quality is superior, but the rest of the specs are in favor of the other 2 tablets. On a spec sheet the mini is losing it, but on looks and feel and usability it wins hands down. To me the Android tablets are pure garbage because I love a good design, but a lot of geeks out there are specs freaks. I think most consumers will go for looks and...
      My ipad 3 is also doing fine too....   I am planning to keep it 2 years at least, so what if there is another one 6 months out instead of 1 year out...
I would prefer a 299 price point but the mini really is a good quality product. My expectation was the ipad 2 specs in a very light package and we got just that. The device is perfect for its intended usage. Edit: Actually the iPad mini does have better internals than the ipad2. It shares the A5 with it, but everything else has been upgrade (cameras, LTE,...)
I am beginning to worrie about pricing.  Anything above 300 will send to stock below its 200 dma, which is at 585.  I dont think the stock will recover from that until we see the proof the mini is selling well at the jan 2013 earnings.   We are going to ear about canibalisation, Apple premiums prices, ...  I hope there is going to be some kind of WoW factor than just cloning the regular ipad to justify the premium.   Anyway I got some protection on the weekly and...
  lol the mini could be a great car GPS indeed :p
  anyone can confirm that this is available outside the US?
I saw that but it may be just a conversion of the german price leak. Seriously a list of prices is not hard to forge.
Depends on the specs, dont forget that ipod touch has 32g. Imo to have any chance to sell in volume they need 249 to 299 on the low end.I don't see a problem with having the touch and the mini at the same price. If you need a small ipod touch they this is what you will buy. depends on the need.Imo estimating the cost of an un-announced product is speculation on top of speculation....There is a lack of hardware leaks for the mini compare to what we got for the iphone 5,,...
"Verizon reported selling 3.1M iPhones, just over a fifth (or roughly 651,000) of those were the iPhone 5. To compare, during Q2 Verizon sold 2.7 million iPhones." That's pretty good, the 4s sales were not bad so earnings shouldnt be so bad. Another good point of interest is they sold 6.8 million smartphones in the third quarter. So the 3.1 millions iphones is almost half of there sales in a quarter where the Galaxy S3 came out and the iphone was about to get a...