or Connect

Posts by herbapou

ship times are slipping,  7 to 10 days now
I wish Apple will stop using glue... The ipad 3 and 4 and now the imacs. At least the mini is better, so maybe its a good sign. Anyway, one more reason to justify the apple care on my new imac
GPU benchmarks of various iMac configurations mixed with other GPU   I am upgrading from my late 2009 27" iMac with a radeon 4850 GPU.  So even the GT 650m beats my old GPU now.    
"Businesses are buying iPhones "in droves," IDC said, pointing out that Apple's well-instituted iOS platform and tight security are "win-win" for enterprise customers. One concern, however, is Apple's strict app submission and curation policies, which the firm said"can create frustration" with enterprise customers."   WTF are they talking about, entreprise have there own private app store in which they can put whatever the feel in it. Apple doesnt control at all
  Indeed, Grandpa geeks tend to be grumpy when they get older. 
  What mac drop BTW?   I went 3 times at the Apple store on black friday and they were selling more mac's than ipads.  It must have been because the mac rebate was decent but still.   I think the imac will have significant numbers this quarter because a lot of people are waiting for them.  That is assuming Apple can meet demand, but I expect the imacs to sell out until january.
I could have come to the same conclusion after 8 seconds.  I wonder where in the world is that pack Microsoft store?  I only seen a few but there were always empty.
  The desktop have GPU options that the laptops dont have .  That why I always need a desktop.  If you take a fusion drive I dont see how this is a "slow" drive...   I see the 27" has memory expansion but not the 21.5". Well the consumer that thinks he is going to need 16g can still buy it right from the stat.
  Actually the Montreal Apple store still had 32g and 64g ipad mini in stocks at noon.  And they had plenty of them.  Will check back on my way home.   The "hot product" today was the macbooks, also every single Apple employe was busy selling one.At 5pm the montreal Apple still had 32g and 64g ipad mini. But boy that store was pack to the point you could barely move inside.
There is obviously a major problem with the 21.5" imac. This would have been the perfect launch date.