or Connect

Posts by herbapou

Actually the display is the first place to look to squeeze thickness.  Most of the weight and thickness is the battery and for example IGZO panels can save up to 80% power, so thinner batteries can be used.   If I understand this correctly, the could use both DITO touch and IGZO panels for optimal performance. I like the mention of Sharp in there, they are the ones owning IGZO. Another interesting thing about IGZO is you could put a solar panel behind it and have a...
Stock is going down on growth decelaration and margins. This is causing a shift in fund ownership from growth to value.This will provide a chance to pick up the stock at undervalue levels even by value stock metrics. If apple can maintain small eps growth this will play out fine.But apple is flirthing with yoy declines now, so there is still a risk even at the current price.
SameSong
  Revenue means nothing without profits.  Apple revenue rose but the profit remained flat. Apple also guided flat for next quarter.  Apple is making a move from growth to value and all those shares need to move around. This is going to take months.
  On the contrary, the valuation is the objective part of the price. All stocks are worth what they can output in profits then distribute on dividends. Currently the market average PE on valuation stocks is 15 because interest rate are so low. At 15 PE youre typical value stock will pay 3% to 5% yields.   A stock with a PE > 15 is considering growth in the price.  The subjective part is all hopes of growth. People will pay more for a stock if they think the stock will...
  total BS, Apple is dropping and Microsoft dropped on growth deceleration.  The price of a stock is based on either its growth potentiel or on valuation. Apple as lost its growth potentiel and the only thing remaining is valuation. Dividend is the thing holding it right now, but its not enough for value funds to pick up the massive growth fund dumping.   What Apple should have done is rise the dividend to support the stock until they can announce new products or prove...
  Zero growth is Zero growth.  They just did 8% if you account the 13 weeks VS 14 weeks and just guided no growth.   What do you think the "growth" funds are doing?  ...they are dumping and dividend is still to small for value fund to pick up the stock.   I am down 80% in my Apple account.  I am bringing new cash to do a reset of all my Jan 2015 leaps, which means I will roll down everthing and restarts like I just bough here. I am not going to take any chance, its all 2...
  Well they guided Q2 with the same margins, so not so sure its temporary.  And I will served you what the fanboys served the other companies : Apple makes all the profit with a small market share. Guess what, they had 20% and 45% growth in sales for the same profit.  Revenue doesnt mean anything for the stock, EPS is what counts. And margins are still very very high even at 38%, they must continu to come up with top of the line cutting edge products just to stay...
  Ok instead of flat they went from 70% yoy to 8% yoy.  Apple is own by mostly "growth funds".  Any companie with that kind of growth deceleration will get hammer to the ground.  Apple need to transition from a growth stock to a value/income stock and to do that they need to rise dividends.   and dont served me that "good use of cash" garbage, they could double the dividend and still continu to pile up cash earnings after earnings. But 4% yield would help make the...
    youre obviously have no clue at all on how stocks are price....