or Connect

Posts by Carrier Wave

**Finally** a fast, funny _and_ informative Apple commercial. Like the old days.
 No, they were expecting it because Steve Jobs led them to believe it when he said "under $1,000" to Walt Mossberg (then of the Wall St Journal) and when Mossberg replied that that usually means $999 Jobs purposefully didn't correct him.
 That's because there's no mass production yet, with thousands of workers eyeing the design. We also didn't get the iPhone design early either (or designs of various iPod Nano designs), only rumors like the current iWatch rumors. It seems pretty obvious to me that the iWatch will be shown and demoed, as evidenced by the new building Apple is constructing at the Flint Center. I would not be surprised if it contained a track and exercise machines so guests can run around and...
 Exactly. There will be a product line, not simply a single product. I would not be surprised if the iPod Nano and Shuffle went away, and were replaced by a $99 wearable/music-player with limited tracking ability. This would smash to bits the current $99-$125 low-end Fitbits and Jawbones. Low end: starting at $99Mid end: starting at $199 or $249high end: starting at $349 or $399 and featuring the most tracking, sapphire, iPhone control, etc....
 Don't forget that Steve Jobs faked out the competition when he told Walt Mossberg that Apple's future tablet would be "under $1,000." Mossberg replied something like, 'That usually means $999 from Apple,' and Jobs just shrugged. The entire computing industry took that as a given and started working on tablets for $600-$700 ... then were shocked when Jobs later announced the price at $499. I have no doubt that a full-featured iWatch with full electronics (for those who...
I wonder if there will be sold differing classes of iWatch-devices depending on what phone the owner has. If, for example you owned an iPhone 6 with the latest and most powerful tech, you might only need a smaller wrist device to track health with sensors, whereas if you have an iPhone 5 or earlier (or you don't have an iPhone) your iWatch would be larger with more (and more expensive) sensor tech in the band. This would allow for cheaper, equally powerful iWatches to be...
Beats does $1.5 billion a year in sales. Beats Streaming is the best streaming app & service around. Apple gets a successful brand name, significant cash flow, and the ability to go toe-to-toe on streaming with a superior service. One last thing: the rumored selling price is the same amount Google spent for fricking NEST! Which do you think is a better deal and a better fit? What's the complaining about again?
One other interesting tidbit about Samsung's advertising funds: A coalition of media outlets in Ukraine has exposed Samsung as the top advertiser on two of the country's largest pirated file-sharing sites: https://torrentfreak.com/samsung-exposed-as-top-advertiser-on-pirate-sites-131004/
I'm just thankful that the above commenters don't have employment at Apple, otherwise the company would definitely be doomed.
Those markets don't need highly portable desktop machines. All the pro photographers and video editors I know do most of their work either at the same desk (with powerful hardware that's never moved) or with their less-powerful laptops (to which they'll offload their work to desktop machines and RAIDs). The only examples I can think of where Mac Pro performance would be needed on-set would be in only a few circumstances ... a tiny, tiny percentage of hardware sales, and a...