or Connect

Posts by TitanTiger

CNN's too: "Breaking News:Apple reports earnings of $1.28 per share, beating Wall Street's estimates. But sales were lower than expected."
30 seconds is terrible.
Anyone use the Amazon Prime Instant Video on your iPad and send it to your TV through Airplay (via Apple TV)?  How does it compare to the way it looks using the AV adapter?  Because the AV adapter leaves black bars all the way around.  You can mitigate some of it by adjusting the picture settings on your TV but it's still not like it should be.  Is the Apple TV/Airplay way any better?   Or should I just bite the bullet and get a Roku (since Apple apparently isn't going...
War Damn Eagle, Tim!
 Catch me up here...why wouldn't the Sunn album (or any album for that matter), purchased from iTunes not work on your phone?  Virtually every phone and music player out there can play AAC files now.  And there's no DRM on the songs.  The only thing exclusive about it is that iTunes was the only place you could get it the first week of release.
I won't be buying one. I think it's a neat product, but I don't trust Google. Sorry, that's not fanboy talking. I think Google has demonstrated ample reason to be wary of giving them access to more of your personal data.
Nothing beats Crashplan for the money.  $5 a month for unlimited space for one computer.  Runs in the background -- "set it and forget it".   And I've used SuperDuper for years now.  CCC is nice but doesn't do anything I need that SuperDuper doesn't.
All this sideline bickering is fascinating, but has anyone actually used the update and can say whether it has fixed the Gmail glitch?
I "force quit" Messages, then rebooted my phone.  That cleared it up for me.
 I did listen to the piece and he is claiming that Apple is reporting their number differently than in years past.  He's trying to make it sound as if Apple's padding the numbers by reporting "channel sales" (shipped to stores but not necessarily sold to consumers) this year, while in the past they only reported sell through to consumers.  That's bullshit.  There is zero indication Apple is reporting numbers any differently than they have in the past.  He's just covering...