or Connect

Posts by TitanTiger

War Damn Eagle, Tim!
 Catch me up here...why wouldn't the Sunn album (or any album for that matter), purchased from iTunes not work on your phone?  Virtually every phone and music player out there can play AAC files now.  And there's no DRM on the songs.  The only thing exclusive about it is that iTunes was the only place you could get it the first week of release.
I won't be buying one. I think it's a neat product, but I don't trust Google. Sorry, that's not fanboy talking. I think Google has demonstrated ample reason to be wary of giving them access to more of your personal data.
Nothing beats Crashplan for the money.  $5 a month for unlimited space for one computer.  Runs in the background -- "set it and forget it".   And I've used SuperDuper for years now.  CCC is nice but doesn't do anything I need that SuperDuper doesn't.
All this sideline bickering is fascinating, but has anyone actually used the update and can say whether it has fixed the Gmail glitch?
I "force quit" Messages, then rebooted my phone.  That cleared it up for me.
 I did listen to the piece and he is claiming that Apple is reporting their number differently than in years past.  He's trying to make it sound as if Apple's padding the numbers by reporting "channel sales" (shipped to stores but not necessarily sold to consumers) this year, while in the past they only reported sell through to consumers.  That's bullshit.  There is zero indication Apple is reporting numbers any differently than they have in the past.  He's just covering...
 The point is that this is not about anyone's ability to accurately predict future sales.  It is about their behavior once the numbers come in and show how wrong they were.  The proper response by Munster and others who saw Apple's actual sales blow away expectations is to praise Apple and discuss the factors that contributed to such a huge launch, such as having two "new" models available (the 5C is "newish" with the colored plastic backs and some minor upgrades over the...
Man, what a cool job to have.  I wish you didn't have to relocate to California to take it.  Seems like the sort of thing that would work from anywhere.
Disclaimer:  I'm not a programmer, don't write apps for any platform.  I'm simply friends with someone who does.   Just an anecdote from my programmer friend.  We were watching the liveblog and chatting during it.  He's a programmer that builds rich content websites and has written a few apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8.  His preferred phone was a WP8 Nokia but his current company is Google everything so he has an Android model right now.  His background is...