or Connect

Posts by satchmo

I wonder if Samsung will now hire someone to steal some Galaxy S5's.
Sure, no reliance on Intel, but the reliance will simply be moved onto Samsung or some other foundry.
Removing ports and adding Retina will greater differentiate the MBA from the MBP line. Probably something Apple wanted to do as the two have almost become indistinguishable.   The MBA would again be truly the 'ultra notebook' in the lineup. However, the greater challenge might be how to stem the tide of people jumping onto cheap $300 Chromebooks.
At the recent Adobe Max conference, they announced Adobe Illustrator Draw for the iPad. It's not a professional application without bezier tools but rather brushes that create vectors editable only through Illustrator CC.  However also announced Adobe Illustrator for the Surface 3.  Given the better active display, I'm not surprised. That said, I've read grabbing onto bezier points can be difficult on the Surface's tiny hi-res display.  If Apple wants to play in the...
"Winter Walk"...must be tough going in SF... it looks downright balmy to me. 
Is it more an issue of retailers or banks that need to get on board? It's all fine that your bank accepts this type of payment, but it makes no difference if there are no retailers implementing it.
Like I said, it'll do okay but primarily due to Apple fans who will eat up anything coming out of Cupertino.Everyone has a phone that already tells time and has notifications. Cook and Apple has yet to tell us what problem existing watches had.Fitness is a niche market that is already served by various manufacturers.Yes, time will tell. And perhaps Apple has some bigger plan that has yet to be revealed. We're still many months away.
 Unfortunately I don't think the Apple Watch is going to take off.Too expensive and doesn't solve a problem. It'll do okay, but don't see it being an iPhone like revolution.
Garmins get 6 weeks in watch mode, 10 hrs in GPS training mode. We don't even know what the battery life of the Apple watch yet. Surely they could allow users to turn off GPS in the settings, when not required to preserve battery life.
Garmin with their Forerunner series have had heart rate and GPS in their watches for years. Why the Apple Watch doesn't have GPS built-in probably has more to do with forcing you to buy an accompanying iPhone, than any technological  problems.