or Connect

Posts by satchmo

Garmins get 6 weeks in watch mode, 10 hrs in GPS training mode. We don't even know what the battery life of the Apple watch yet. Surely they could allow users to turn off GPS in the settings, when not required to preserve battery life.
Garmin with their Forerunner series have had heart rate and GPS in their watches for years. Why the Apple Watch doesn't have GPS built-in probably has more to do with forcing you to buy an accompanying iPhone, than any technological  problems.
 Occasionally Gruber has some intelligent things to say about Apple/tech.  But I couldn't get through his 2 hour plus podcast of him blathering on about baseball and life. I honestly think he likes the sound of his own voice. Truly a legend in his own mind. 
Don't you find hard edges of an iPhone 5s make it more easier to maintain a grip? The chamfered edges provided that friction. While an iPhone 6 may feel nicer in your hand, the rounded edges and smooth aluminium back simply make it too precarious to operate. Unfortunately a case to add grip, is the only solution.
Classic pump and dump. Remember folks, buy low, sell high. In other words, wait till after Sept.9 to buy, when traditionally Apple stock drops significantly.
As will the Galaxy S5.
Okay, I realize Samsung is trying to change perceptions or sway current iPhone users to switch. But this could come back to haunt them. What if the iPhone 6 does indeed address all the 'shortcomings' Samsung has mentioned? Then surely, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to buy a Galaxy S5.
Just curious regarding the $999 iMac offering from MacMall in the story. It has a 640M graphics chip...I don't see this an option on the Apple store. Does MacMall custom install special chips?
If you made $200K a year, why would you even need to get something back for your phone.I suspect anyone making that kind of money would simply give it away to a friend/family.Recouping $50 is not going to mean a heck of a lot to this individual.
Forget Google Glass and bring in Google Goggles.