or Connect

Posts by Strawberry

Staring at the grille makes my eyes go funny!
They could improve iChat compatibility with PC AIM
Hurray! My iBook came this morning, been fiddling with it all afternoon, but now it has to be wrapped up for a birthday gift - bugger. I'm loving it!
Yesh, I got the 1ghz 14" with a superdrive. I'm kicking myself for not picking the 1.2ghz and bigger harddrive, but never mind, I'm sure its quite capable. How memory intensive is Panther? I chose 512Mb of memory but would I need more? I'd typically have Word, Safari and Adobe Potatoshop open at once.
When I bought my iBook from the Apple Store UK Education site a couple of weeks ago, I called them to enquire what documents and/or payroll/ID numbers I needed to provide to prove my status. Their exact words were, 'None, we take our customers word on trust of their status when ordering for themselves.' Certainly raised my eyebrow, though I'm not complaining!8)
An in-built lyrics viewer would be cool, with the option to download lyrics for songs you have too. They could display in the information window for example, or in a sidebar. I can see why they wouldn't, but I wish you could download sleeve art for any songs/albums that don't have it.
Are you serious? The Lynx had THE best version of California Games, and Klax and S.T.U.N. Runner :-D To remind you of how bad the GameGear could get, try playing Taz-Mania On the other hand I remember playing Wonderboy in Monsterland on that till the batteries wore out. Great days. Now the Nomad and PC Engine GT...
I'm going to go for the nintendo over the PSP, at least initially - can you imagine the battery life on that? It'll be like the Atari Lynx all over again, though the playstation name is a licence to print money. Anyhoo as I was saying, I'll be getting the ninty machine because it's a lot more interesting concept, plus it's backward compatible with ALL previous Gameboys (theres still a use for that original Tetris cart ) PLUS the wireless multiplayer/chat thing. Ooh, and...
I just ordered my first Mac too, the 14" iBook G4 1Ghz 512mb ram, Bluetooth, Superdrive, Airport Extreme card and base station, iSight and of course 2 years Applecare. I called before purchasing because I work at a college library, and wondered if I was eligible for an education discount, they said I was, which was nice. Funny thing though, when I asked what documents do they need to prove that I am eligible, they said none - they take the customers word for it....