or Connect

Posts by ai666

[B]...without typing the admin password.
camroidv27: Two more glaring errors on your part. (1) "Because that's what Apple said." You are making things up. Where do you read on Apple's site that 'clicking okay can't harm you'???? (2) "What I don't get, is why people are downloading an AV program for an OS that touts it not needing one." People are NOT downloading this Trojan. It downloads itself by Javascript. The OS does not tout that no anti-virus software is needed. Apple's site suggests using anti-virus...
bitWrangler: It sure as heck is a Trojan. The simple meaning of Trojan (just like the old Greek story) is "something very bad that is disguised as something good". camroidv27: No one I know of has ever said "there is no malware written for their computers". If anyone said this, they are a lone voice of ignorance. What is commonly said is "there is no virus written for OS X', and that still holds. A virus must do two things: attach itself to some system file(s), and...
I see that most people resort to digital camera photos of the display screen (medium to poor quality) to make a presentation of the steps in an OS X installation. I want to make a high quality presentation using the original screens that appear during the OS X installation, starting with the screen for choosing the base language. These are probably PNG files, but where are they hidden? Where can I find these in the OS install DVD? I tried Pacifist, but it can only find the...
The Wired article DOES NOT state that you can install Snow Leopard DIRECTLY over Tiger. It refers to a Lifehacker article that states: "We have confirmed that the preview of Snow Leopard DOES offer a standalone installer that works on a freshly-formatted hard drive without an existing Leopard installation or DVD." A freshly formatted drive is not the same as "directly over Tiger". It is directly over nothing.
I have made changes to a copy of the Dock (and I have a backup copy of the original as well). I want to replace the original Dock with my altered one. I use Terminal to "killall Dock" which returns nothing, which I assume means it killed the Dock process. I drag the revised Dock to the CoreServices. I get a dialog "cannot be modified" with two buttons: Authenticate and Cancel. I click Authenticate, the dialog window disappears, but nothing else happens. The original Dock...