or Connect

Posts by Nobodyy

Well - BT 4.0 enabled cards are not required for Continuity to work, just the devices be on the same iCloud account and connected to the web in some fashion (Continuity includes features like SMS in Messages on Mac). But unfortunately, that's a no for Handoff. While it will show up that your Mac supports it (depending on the doggle), it will not work. It seems as though Apple is checking not for 4.0 support but specific cards against machines. I swapped out the BT chip in...
 This is because both Apple, Google, and many others have bastardized the term "Beta" for things like Siri and Gmail. 
Says the guy who said just yesterday that these users know what they're getting into. 
 To access Documents created pre-iOS8 they must be copied into an iOS 8 cloud repo. In order to access iOS 8 documents via iOS 7 and lower, they must be copied into the pre-iOS 8 iCloud repo. This has worked the same for every iOS/OS X beta with iCloud.  And when you have 1 million general/slightly tech savy users that are going to be downloading this beta, you're not going to want a million requests about how users cannot access their iCloud documents, lost iCloud...
  Well hold on now - we have not heard anything about Apple as to how they're going to be handling this "transition".  What about people with iOS 7 iCloud-based documents? Can they just not see them when the Beta comes out if they were made on an up to date iOS device? I highly doubt Apple would allow something as disruptive as that to happen, or even allowing general users from knowing multiple editions of iCloud exist, even in Beta. Plus, this requires them to distribute...
I suggest the same at least until later into the DPs.  Personally, I have too many tools and things set up to migrate my entire dev environment to a new OS X install to work on betas, so I always wait until a few have passed until I can run it relatively worry free on my primary install. That and the greatest changes in API are often in the earliest DPs. That being said, DP4 is the first that I've felt comfortable on my primary machine with and no problems as of yet.
 This ^  More than likely, Apple knew about it but hoped that "Touch ID" was different enough from "Kronos Touch ID" for a clean register. That doesn't mean that Apple lost the pre-trademark or even the chance to trademark it at all. Most likely, as zoe said, it will lead to a licensing agreement similar, and probably much easier, to what happened with the "iOS" trademark.
 This is exactly what I was thinking - but Amazon has a much powerful hand to deal with - unfortunately there's not much Hachette can do besides play on Amazon's terms or get bled dry.
 To add to your point: which breaks their typically release pattern of ~2 weeks. It's never been official and there's been period of darkness before, but it's nice to know ahead of time.    I believe Update 1 for DP1 moved Yosemite into (and is equal to) Developer Preview 2, build "14A261i". It's a little confusing now, since they are delivering those updates via Mac App Store so I may be crazy, too.  But the next OS X update we will see is DP3, as indicated by the...
Maybe I am just too chill, but I think from the highlight from iTunes Festival and the amount of traffic & revenue that can be generated from increased Store placement is very sufficient in exchange for your talents - it may not be monetary but it certainly increases your clout and increases the change of potentially making longer term profits. There have been articles highlighting the advantage of taking Featured space for Apps (and I believe music) out there for awhile...