or Connect

Posts by john galt

You may find it convenient to have a charging device attached to a wall receptacle all the time, but I find it more convenient to have a keyboard attached to the computer all the time. Neither component is useful without the other. You even said the charger would rest near the display anyway. Isn't that where you keep the keyboard? Besides, when the computer is "off", so is the keyboard, and I have no ancillary charging devices or batteries to maintain. Batteries... a USB...
You would want a wireless keyboard, that must be placed on a wired pad to charge it? Why? "Wireless charging" is gimmicky. I doubt you'll see anything like that from Apple. (Not to be confused with a true wireless charging concept - one that uses the energy from cellular transmissions to supply tiny amounts of charging current. I seem to recall Nokia was working on something like that.)
Yes. It was the original North American Free Trade Zone. Since its inception Commerce Clause had been abused mercilessly, I believe Wickard v. Filburn was the first case that upheld a violation not on an activity's effect upon interstate commerce, but an act that "could have - perhaps - maybe" affected interstate commerce - but didn't. It elicits comparisons to a "thought crime". Wasn't until 1995 that US v. Lopez finally pushed the limits beyond the Supreme Court's...
Obama should just issue an Executive Order resolving to kick Apple's ass. Problem solved.
Try Newegg or OWC for Blu-Ray drives. Don't hold your breath for Blu-Ray. Besides likely being a transitional technology, I don't believe Apple wants to saddle its customers with Sony's licensing fees.Blu-Ray players are cheap enough. I surmise Apple's market research concluded most people interested in Blu-Ray already have large format TVs and home theaters much more suitable for HD video and sound, so the addition of this on their computers is of limited value.Sure, I...
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=neptune,+nj UPS delivers there. Just stay out of the ocean.
Seymour Cray, Amar Bose, Andy Grove, Vinod Khosla, Ray Dolby... Never say "never", defender
Phil Condit. Jack Welch. James Truchard. George Buckley. ...
Bill Hewlett. Gordon Moore. Dave Packard.Shall I go on?