or Connect

Posts by john galt

Perhaps he's a Wall Street analyst. Or John C. Dvorak.
What's iSuppli's parts cost estimate for MS Windows 7?
1. Do you own an iPhone? 2. Did you pay for it? If the answer to the above questions is "yes" then by definition you are one of the over 50 million people who agree Apple's iPhone margin is acceptable. The same test applies to computers, cars, Harvard's tuition, BP's gasoline, etc.
It's capitalism that's amazing.
True, if your definition of "very little growth" is "zero" MSFT has hefty corporate licensing fees and gets about $50 for every computer sold. It's not a growth company and has more in common with a utility than a technological innovator like Apple. Here's a weird one though... FDGFX's largest holding is... AAPL. Everyone loves a winner.
It's a Mac Plus, actually: http://www.spacerogue.net/Camneerg/index.html And another... a Forrest Gump special, running System 7 on floppy disks: http://aurejac.dyndns.org/
...that it's so much fun to review the prognostications of the not-too-distant past! Apple should close its retail stores. After all, they didn't work for Gateway Apple should "pull the plug" on the iPhone. (A must read from my favorite blowhard. The whole thing is a pull quote.) Another fail from the Mayor of Blowhard "It's the Pippin all over again" ...what's a Pippin? Apple RIP ...from Forbes??? Sometimes even the smart ones get it wrong, apparently. Random...
You vote your shares, Dr. I'll vote mine. I'll win.
The iPad is an immensely flexible tool that will change the way we think about mobile connectivity. It's a luxury commodity that commands a high margin, it's selling phenomenally well, and its eventual capabilities are limited to one's imagination. Tickle Me Elmo is a doll.
No. I don't want dividends. Dividends are for utilities and staid old fossils like MSFT. Apple is a technology leader that needs to continue growing. I like the $40B in the bank. I love its price appreciation. MSFT responded to demands for dividends, and pays, what, 3¢ a share (correction: 13¢.... big deal). Its share price has been flat ever since (of course, being a has-been of a company is a factor too). No dividends.