or Connect

Posts by john galt

Someone who doesn't know the difference between "its" and "it is". Which narrows it down most AppleInsiders.
Got just the link for you King: Gifts to Reduce the Public Debt. Credit cards cheerfully accepted! Pay up. Or, shut up.OK, that was nasty. I apologize. I don't mean to direct that missive specifically at you since lots of people have the same idea. The problem is that it's completely naive to think higher taxes will have any effect at all at reducing the debt. Regardless of marginal tax rates, actual Treasury revenue from the income tax as a percent of GDP has remained...
Fixed it for him.Intentionally pushing customers to a more restrictive plan requires intelligence. Incompetence does not. Which of those two characteristics would you attribute to AT&T?
Jaguar? Panther? Even my ten year old iMac is running Tiger. Who cares about it any more?Secunia seems hell-bent upon discrediting itself.A whole bunch of non-news. What else is on?
They're due. The Core 2 Duo is becoming quite dated.
No, it makes no sense. It's also untrue. Federal corporate income taxes in the US are the second-highest in the world. That fact and enormous near-term uncertainty regarding regulations and unprecedented government intrusion on all levels are the biggest reasons businesses in the US are suffering, causing massive unemployment and widespread misery. It's no wonder that XOM and GE invest everywhere but in the US. AAPL pays an effective tax rate of 30%. That's insane. By the...
Actually, yes. Obama granted unelected regulators the power to do exactly that in the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill he signed today.The general level of economic ignorance in Congress is equally astounding.
Perhaps he's a Wall Street analyst. Or John C. Dvorak.
What's iSuppli's parts cost estimate for MS Windows 7?
1. Do you own an iPhone? 2. Did you pay for it? If the answer to the above questions is "yes" then by definition you are one of the over 50 million people who agree Apple's iPhone margin is acceptable. The same test applies to computers, cars, Harvard's tuition, BP's gasoline, etc.