or Connect

Posts by john galt

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=neptune,+nj UPS delivers there. Just stay out of the ocean.
Seymour Cray, Amar Bose, Andy Grove, Vinod Khosla, Ray Dolby... Never say "never", defender
Phil Condit. Jack Welch. James Truchard. George Buckley. ...
Bill Hewlett. Gordon Moore. Dave Packard.Shall I go on?
Just as the human mind will suppress unpleasant memories, the actual number has been kept a closely guarded secret. This source alleges your source is off... way off.
Like "point and click"? ...but more like "stuck on stupid". Not touching. Pathetic.
It's still not correct. If uccoord is attempting to describe "item" an adjective would be appropriate, not another noun like "gratuity". "Gratuitous item" would have been grammatically correct, but would imply something worthless (A Zune, perhaps? How about a Kin?). Perhaps it started out as "free gift", but the author's manager, or manager's manager, correctly pointed out the redundancy of that phrase. Somehow "preparing to stand by" slipped through the cracks...
Most likely that was 64 K, and 8 MHz. Your floppies were 180 K, unless they were double sided (360K). With a little ingenuity, Apple bumped things up a bit with 400/800 (SS/DS) KB floppies.Yes. 640 KB ought to be enough for anybody, too.
AT&T and American Express are on my personal "until Hell freezes over" list. That goes for me and the companies I control. There have been others. They went Chapter 7, deservedly so. Not likely with AT&T or AmEx, but I have a long memory... and principles.
Sources, please?