or Connect

Posts by jinglesthula

I'm Christian, and my understanding is that God intends for people to act in a moral way, and that for sexual activities that is only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.   That may sound like discrimination, but it means that homosexual activities are in the same category as fornication and adultery.  It's not that we're meant to not have fun and do what feels natural; it's that there is a 'right way' to do things, and that it matters.   That's my...
How many people pine for iMovie 6HD this long after the reboot is telling.
Some things worth having a valid patent recognized for take more than a few years to develop, iterate on, and 'get right'.  Putting a time limit on it says you dictate to innovators that anything that requires any more time than such an arbitrary limit isn't worth their investment.  As such, it would stifle innovation except the low-hanging fruit.  Just try to imagine how many things we wouldn't have if there were a 5-year limit.  Ouch.  Imagine just the Apple products we...
 My favorite part about the 'income inequality' complaint is the convenient omission of the 'who-creates-more-value-inequality' reality that goes with it.  It's easy to be ornery at the rich and mistakenly believe they don't deserve it.  It's also easy to not work as hard or smart as they do. If someone creates value they should be compensated for it 1:1.  Otherwise you disincentivise creating value.  Ask any of several failed socio-economical systems of the past how that...
This is what disruption looks like to an incumbent. But if the option of buying a smart watch suddenly becomes more attractive to the majority of the incumbents' consumer base than buying the traditional non-smart watches, then people will say of their CEOs that they didn't grasp the sea change and were too slow to respond. If (IF) smart watches catch on like iPad and post-2006 smartphones have then traditional watch makers will be the next MSFT/Nokia/BBRY. I'll still...
 Incidentally it's worth noting that I don't think Deidu is saying Ballmer's successor is a fool, nor that he'll be the one to kill MS.  I think he's saying that's how people will perceive it. Personally his assessment of Ballmer's tenure seems sound to me.
 MS currently has to main cash cows: Windows and Office.  Electing to give 30% of subscription revenues to Apple that happen via the platform (iOS) that's growing in popularity (contrast with the recent consistent decline in PC shipments worldwide) is an indicator that their business model has been affected. As for MS being a software company rather than a hardware company, this is yet again another point where we can see that they have been affected.  They were.  Now they...
To quote from http://www.asymco.com/2013/08/26/steve-ballmer-and-the-innovators-curse/It will be very interesting to see how MS handles the next 5 years. The 5 after, more so.
I'm puzzled that Samsung would choose to launch a flagship phone during the 45-day period.  They should have done it before or after.  Oops.
love that they used "facepalm" in a patent application :)