or Connect

Posts by MsftMacMan

Ah, how to spin a news article, to focus on the parts you want to hear - about a company that just reported excellent strong results (yet again) - although it was supposed to die several years ago - according to the more biased Apple insider comments.   ~~Reuters) - Microsoft Corp cruised past Wall Street's quarterly profit and revenue forecasts on Thursday, helped by strong sales of its Office and server software to businesses, sending its shares up more than 5 percent...
What goes up, also tends to come down (*see also share prices) NB. - whatever the company
one trick pony company ..in Revenue & Profit terms, that would place Apple far more at risk than Microsoft.  iPhone delivers well over 50% of Apple profits...  a big risk, when your loosing share in the phone market - while Microsoft has 4 core divisions all driving significant levels of revenue and profit..
Great to see educated comment from someone who hasn't even made the effort to try and use what they criticise so easily.
While you can debate the level of user acceptance for Windows 8 (it's a on one level a radical change to the UI that will certainly divide opinion (already has clearly!) it's not correct to say that it will not be ready, indeed you may not be aware but there is already a very reliable Consumer preview, that I (and many others) have been using for a month or more.  While still 'beta' - it works well (extremely quickly with great boot times, and is also very easy to use in...
So, firstly as most intelligent people know, yes - you have to invest money and resource to generate growth. Microsoft is growing (substantially year on year) and has been doing so for many years. (despite the naysayers predicting their rapid demise. Secondly, they DO pay a dividend and have done so for many years. They have also invested in a substantial multi year share buy back. Breaking the company apart is about the worst idea you could have, especially at this...
While it's always great to have ‘every standard ever issued’ fully supported by your most recent SW or HW, you have to be realistic and understand that all technology companies have to decide on a cut-off point at which they ask users (and firms) to update to newer, more secure and better performing systems. Apple are one of the most notable proponents of this.. dropping 'legacy support' for many products far more quickly than MS or others. i.e. you can't install the...
Microsoft Office is a key (and profitable) application for Apple to sell... because it's a key program for millions of their customers... and Apple (rightly) wants happy customers. Apple's share of the WW computer market while growing, is still small, so to attract new customers Apple need them to be confident that they can continue to access and share their documents. Office gives them that assurance (and certainly in the new Office 2011 version, is way better at doing...
And that others (IBM, Samsung and Microsoft were reported). It's interesting that Microsoft who typically take a great deal of abuse in these pages for 'lack of innovation' have so many patents awarded .. clearly many are not in the consumer technology realm and therefore don't attract the same media attention as Apple or others who's focus is almost 100% consumer. but it proves the company can & does create innovative and new technology (over 3,000 times in the year).
Sorry, i know I shouldn't waste my time and rise to such a short and ill informed comment.. but it remains sad that a few people who have probably used a Mac for less time than they have been able to drink (that's assuming they have ever used a Mac of course) still thing that Microsoft has to lose for Apple to do well. As Steve Jobs himself commented some years ago, that's not the case. Bboth companies are and remain hugely successful, and stock valuation is not the 'be...