or Connect

Posts by freckledbruh

If I had that kind of cash and brand equity, I would: - Buy/Invest in projectionist companies/tech. This can be rolled into the Appletv either as an addition to the device or an accessory. The box has a cam that can beam 720p video from itunes library to wall, or a isight-sized cam that can be stuck on a wall that can do the same. - Buy/Invest in LogMeIn.com or something similar to bring true back-to-my-mac expreience to bridge the gap between work PC and home...
That is very true and good point. I probably see if I can find unit sales for other streaming units like Popcorn Hour and Vudu. Thanks! I still think that 6 million is still a pretty good sales number. I moved back to my BFE hometown in Tennessee from North Carolina and I have run into 3 other AppleTV owners here. They all liked it. Color me shocked!
Ummm, the person you were quoting was making the point that had Apple released a product that lost money for YEARS and finally became profitable, that Apple product would be labeled a failure. The Appletv hasn't lost money for Apple at all as far as anyone knows (loss leaders are not a part of Apple's business model). And since when is 6 million units low when the kindle has sold 3 million and considered a success? 6 million units with zero television or print...
Only the last point that you made is in Apple's control. The rest are up to content owners. Apple has been rumored to be negotiating with networks to offer not only lower prices but also subscriptions. People's memories are very short indeed. Everyone keeps screaming, "What about Hulu?!" Hulu was created after NBC removed ALL of their content from itunes due to Apple not wanting to increase prices. NBC worked with Fox to form Hulu. Rather than try to partner with...
I can't help but disagree with this. As I mentioned previously, the remote app is amazing when it comes to gestures and is actually faster than the gum pack remote and any paired remote I have used with it. If Apple shared the API's used to make this app, it would NOT be hard for a game developer to create casual games for use on the Appletv. For example, Dig-Dug has the option to leave the "controller" button off completely use only finger gestures. Game developers...
Lag compared to what? It's not a console and it's not a full htpc. So you have to compare it to media extenders which is a market that it does pretty well in.
The remote app works VERY well with the Appletv, especially gestures.
I've owned the Appletv for two years (and cancelled cable for that long) and I LOVE the thing. I think the reason Apple keeps shouting "Hobby! Hobby!" is because many of its users burn their DVDs and other "grey areas". They don't want to tick off content owners. It's been rumored that Apple has sold around 6 million of these things. That's not massive, but more than many other consumer devices in the market. The Appletv also has a tricky advertising/marketing issue. ...