or Connect

Posts by tedtoal

Yes, that was my original intent, but I didn't realize that uploading via the Gallery app at MobileMe.com on my PC was DIFFERENT than uploading to the Pictures folder of the iDisk at MobileMe.com on my PC! Now I understand that all these apps have their own separate storage areas and do not share. So, I DID upload a photo to a MobileMe Gallery, and that did indeed work. I'm disappointed, though, that Gallery seems to be written for an iPod only; it doesn't seem to be...
I know that, but the path I gave was a Windows path.And I did specifically mirror the MobileMe account on each of my computers, AND installed the iDisk app on each one. In fact, it turns out that the uploaded images were accessible on the iPad under the iDisk app. I learned two things I wasn't expecting about iDisk and iPad: (1) iDisk does not sync files between different computers in the MobileMe account, but rather, provides ACCESS to them; this is contrary to my...
I'm brand-new to Macs, coming from a long history of PCs. I'm having trouble with images/photos on my new iPad. In fact, I'm beginning to think my troubles might stem from a basic difference in philosophy between PC and Mac: that on a Mac, files are generally associated with a single app and are not meant to be shared. This morning I uploaded a few images from my PC into my MobileMe. I put them in the Pictures folder of the iDisk. Later I opened Photos on my iPad...
I tried out Microsoft's Silverlight (basically, their answer to Java) and C# in a web application that I ran successfully on both a PC and a Mac, inside the browser. It is a simulator to test an idea I had about biological speciation. You can run it yourself at: http://www.tedtoal.net/speciation/ You must install the Silverlight plug-in for your browser, which is a .Net virtual machine to support the application. It should prompt for the plug-in installation when...